Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia Web Driver For 10.11.1 is released. :thumbup:

So I just updated through the Appstore. After restart OSX won't boot using Clover bootloader..

I tried to see what was going on in verbose mode but then it stops right at

root Device UID *********************************************

Then the pc restarts... no other errors to know what exactly is causing this...

updated without issue from the app store. one weird thing though, in App Store, 10.11.1 appeared twice: once as the update which I install and once as the full install, anyone else? how can I remove this from the app store, so I don't get the update notification?
Same happened on my Mac Book Pro

- Retina Macbook Pro 2015 - Update through App Store, two reboots.

- Hack, iMac 12,2, Z77X-UD5H with GTX 660 TI - Update through App Store, only one reboot.

After the reboot I had to enter the iCloud Password on my Hack and it made an initial configuration. Then everything was alright, like on a real mac.

Do you had one reboot, or two on your Hacks?

I noticed the same thing.

Late 2013 15" rMBP = Two reboots
Hackintosh iMac12,2 (i7-2600K) = One reboot

The whole update process actually took a lot less time on the Hackintosh. I had to re-enter my iCloud password on both machines.

Updated to 10.11.1 successfully from the App Store. Clover 3280. Audio is working well, no further actions needed.

Installed the update from the app store. OS X won't boot. I've tried safe mode and booting without kext cache and it just holds on a black screen after the Apple logo. Then I removed nvda_drv=1 and added nv_disable=1 and it shows a spinning wheel (like when you turn off an iPhone) on a black screen and eventually freezes.

Asus P9X79-E WS, 4930K, and Titan graphics card
Updated from 10.11.0
Clover 3292

EDIT: Fixed it by manually removing all Nvidia "...Web" kexts from SLE in single user mode. Even with nv_disable=1 and removing NVDA_drv=1 from the boot arguments it must have still been loading those kexts.

Can confirm that this is a problem for me as well. Downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers for 10.11.1, installed, and the computer does what is described as above. Had to manually remove the Nvidia web drivers for this to work correctly. Looks like only the built in drivers will work for now on my system.

:rolleyes:
[h=4]Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force with Geforce GTX 770 and GeForce GT 610[/h]Updated from 10.11.0
Clover 3292

I'm having problems. Downloaded the update via the App Store, but when I click "restart", my computer freezes and hangs on the loading screen (apple logo, bar at around 2%). It doesn't install. I can hard reset and log back in, but I'm still on 10.10.

EDIT:

Working now. I had manually switched from Web drivers to Default drivers pre-intstall, to try and mitigate any graphics card issues. Switching back to Web drivers resulted in success and the new Nvidia drivers installed successfully after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back