Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade went fine moving from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 - disabled NVIDIA drivers in Clover config prior to running the installer from App Store, let things reboot, then restored NVIDIA drivers in Clover and ran the NVIDIA driver installer to get back to my normal configuration.

And -- likely due to the removal of the discoveryd service and restoration of mDNSResponder, the problems my Apple TV boxes were having reading my iTunes library from my machine are completely GONE!!! :) (This may have also been due to the iTunes 12.2 update...I didn't think to test that separately, sorry...)

Thanks again to this community for all the help!

Success after using Combo Update

Updated through App store then applied MultiBeast but lost 2nd Graphics card (R9 270x) and total freezing after 4 to 10 minutes.

Unpluged second graphics card ran Combo update re-ran multibeast booted once and everything okay with one graphics card.
Then shut down reinstalled second r9 270x rebooted and everything running well for over 3 hours, editing 4K material in Premiere CC as we speak. Running exactly as previous 10.10.2 all super smooth and very happy.

Cinebench at 112 fps as previous 10.10.2 version
Luxmark at 16695 I can see its using both cards it's around 9000 without the second card. Same as 10.10.2

Thanks!

This update borked things for me but, through trial & error (isn't that the way of hackintoshing?) I was able to get things working again.

After installing the 10.10.4 Combo my system would hang after "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed". I realized that's when my graphics card (GTX-750 Ti) would load. I physically removed the card from my system and it booted up fine with the IGP. Following slim.jim's most excellent Nvidia driver instructions (specifically steps #1 and #3) I was able to install the 10.10.4 drivers without my card present. I put my card back in my system and, viola! All's good!

I love this community.

If I'm not mistaken, you should never have to physically pull your graphics card in order to get your system to boot. You can simply insert the boot arg "nv_disable=1" and that will disable Apples stock nvidia drivers from loading, which is what causes the issue in the first place as most of the cards out there aren't officially supported by them. Then you can install the latest nvidia drivers and reboot and remove the boot arg and be good to go.

Hello everybody, I've updated my system and everything works fine.

I've followed Stork's instructions, repair permissions, update via AS, multibeast for audio patch, and after reboot, repair permissions again.

All works fine :thumbup:.

My system in my profile.

Excellent. Thanks, as always, early adopters, for diving into the unknown and reporting back..

Updated [very] smoothly with Clover on 14,2 definition and Nvidia 10.10.4 drivers. New TRIM utility is awesome, too, and worked seamlessly following the required reboot.

Good luck!

Almost everything works with the update. I lost Bluetooth and wifi, basically the broadcom card is not getting recognized. Not even on system preferences I have the Bluetooth icon. Help please, no mouse or keyboard.

10.10.4 updated fine

Never have enabled any kind of trim support for my Samsung 850 Evo.

Did a clean install.

Tried Apples Trimforce - now can't reboot.

Stuck on the Grey Apple screen.

From the terminal it advises to back up etc and that it will need to reboot afterwards. Which it did, but now stuck on the Apple symbol.

Tried repaired permissions etc. Major fail.

OS X 10.10.4 Update - issue with FileNVRAM.kext - but success in the end.

I am posting this reply just incase anyone else is using FileNVRAM.

I am running use a RAID 0 file system and using Chimera boot loader with FileNVRAM module and kext.

I did have trouble with the 10.10.3 update, however, on one of the reboots it worked so didn't think about it. When it came to the 10.10.4 updated, was getting a panic and when trying again, but this time with a verbose boot, I saw that the problem was with the FileNVRAM.kext. (see attached picture)

Temporary removing FileNVRAM.kext and using the combo updater all worked well. I did use KextUtility to ensure that the cache and extensions was clean. Putting back FileNVRAM.kext after the update was successfully and I had all my Nvram variables back.

I guess I need to look at possibly using Clover in future.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 2015-07-06 19.59.01.jpg
    2015-07-06 19.59.01.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back