Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Supplemental Update released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I wonder if that's why my GTX960 boots to a black screen with iMac 15,1 but works flawlessly as 14,2. What's the background behind that change?

Well Since your CPU management is suppose to work in the iMac 15,1 (5k iMac) the top of the line use the 4790k and since you also have the integrated graphics 4600

Try Moving the Chimera Boot Loader over to the EFI Partition or try to boot with the integrated graphics you will need to blind boot though and then after it boots OS X will detect the card and the driver and then it will start using it

Nevermind..

Last edited:
Well Since your CPU management is suppose to work in the iMac 15,1 (5k iMac) the top of the line use the 4790k and since you also have the integrated graphics 4600

Try Moving the Chimera Boot Loader over to the EFI Partition or try to boot with the integrated graphics you will need to blind boot though and then after it boots OS X will detect the card and the driver and then it will start using it

Tried again, I'm using Clover. I can only get it to work by disabling the Nvidia Web Drivers. Not worth it. I have continuity/handoff working and don't want to mess up a good thing. I guess I can just install a custom SDST for power management.

replace kext attached and your issue should be resolved !
View attachment 135339

Should this work for the iMac 15,1 with a 960 as well? Is this something that will have to be patched each update until native Maxwell support is available? Can I put it in Clover/Extras or does it have to go in S/L/E? Thanks.

Ran Fix Permissions
Ran the Update from the App Store
Reboot
The PC boots in VESA mode... :) (I have a GTX 970 in this build)
Let Nvidia Driver Manager do its thing, reboot, back to normal.

Off topic - I didn't really read what was going on, but what was the whole iCloud notice about with this update?

Btw do I need to install Cuda drivers seperatly to gain any advantage in fcpx?

Btw do I need to install Cuda drivers seperatly to gain any advantage in fcpx?

if your GFX supports CUDA, you should install CUDA Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back