Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got big problem. I'm getting random freezes after sleep after new update. I've repaired permissions plus I've run multibeast trim patch. I've disabled auto sleep plus wake on lan as well as I've turned off put hard drives to sleep. My kernel cache is turned off as well. If anyone can help I would be greatful.

Most importantly, make sure your system definition in your chimera boot loader is Mac Pro 3,1 as 5,1 has many issues.

I had the devil of a time upgrading this one and it had everything to do with kernel caches. I really think you need kernel cache to run Yosemite, I need it especially for a RAID / to function properly. I think the best thing you can do is get it to boot in safe mode (to your installation) from a unibeast stick or another functioning boot loader. You definitely want kernel caches on and functioning so you need to do this a few times. Already confirmed after you get kext reloaded, everything works fine (several reboots already to confirm this). I am not looking forward to another OS update, but this one was definitely worth it as Nvidia Web Driver is much more effective now than it was in last two iterations.
Good luck

Nvidia Web Driver is much more effective now than it was in last two iterations.
Good luck
I'm running CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.18 should I update to brand new ? Everything works fine. Have you noticed better performance over all or just in certain programs or benchmarks with new drivers ?

I've got big problem. I'm getting random freezes after sleep after new update. I've repaired permissions plus I've run multibeast trim patch. I've disabled auto sleep plus wake on lan as well as I've turned off put hard drives to sleep. My kernel cache is turned off as well. If anyone can help I would be greatful.
I think I got this too, though now I experience this on every partition, I've ML, Mavericks and Yosemite, up until this update, I think, I was having no issues with sleep, but after this update once computer wakes up it freezes, though I can click around, but I can't open any new app or anything what wasn't loaded into ram while going into sleep mode, I have to forcefully restart by reaching for a reset button.
Before sleep I opened Console and after waking up here's an error reported multiple times
Code:
SATA WARNING[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#660066]Enable[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000088]auto[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]activate failed[COLOR=#666600].[/COLOR] 
disk3s3[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] I[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#006666]0[/COLOR] error

Here I posted more info http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ng-enable-auto-activate-failed-i-0-error.html

Let me know if you've figured it out or if it's similar to your problem at all.

I think I got this too, though now I experience this on every partition, I've ML, Mavericks and Yosemite, up until this update, I think, I was having no issues with sleep, but after this update once computer wakes up it freezes, though I can click around, but I can't open any new app or anything what wasn't loaded into ram while going into sleep mode, I have to forcefully restart by reaching for a reset button.
Before sleep I opened Console and after waking up here's an error reported multiple times
Code:
SATA WARNING[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] [COLOR=#660066]Enable[/COLOR] [COLOR=#000088]auto[/COLOR][COLOR=#666600]-[/COLOR]activate failed[COLOR=#666600].[/COLOR] 
disk3s3[COLOR=#666600]:[/COLOR] I[COLOR=#666600]/[/COLOR][COLOR=#006666]0[/COLOR] error

Here I posted more info http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ng-enable-auto-activate-failed-i-0-error.html

Let me know if you've figured it out or if it's similar to your problem at all.

Hi! I've changed to a recommended system definition plus enabled kernel cache and so far random freezes after sleep are gone. However one side effect occurred - no sound after sleep and boot but today I've changed to drivers from MB 6.1.0 and hopefully this will solve the problem. Oh and I've haven't seen on my Hack The I/O error that you've mentioned.

Hi! I've changed to a recommended system definition plus enabled kernel cache and so far random freezes after sleep are gone. However one side effect occurred - no sound after sleep and boot but today I've changed to drivers from MB 6.1.0 and hopefully this will solve the problem. Oh and I've haven't seen on my Hack The I/O error that you've mentioned.
Thanks, that means I'm facing something different , because I always get that i/o error after wake up, HDD's led indicator is always red after wake... weirdest thing ever :beachball: Either it's OS or MB, because a drive on it's own passes all tests, so far.

Update went smooth.
I downloaded 10.10.2 delta update from apple.
Using clover required no patches afterwards. Everything is working. ethernet, sound, graphics and trim. Just permission repair.
asrock B75
xeon e-1235
GIGABYTE GV-R929WF3-4GD Radeon R9 290

@allavaz, http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/155489-os-x-10-10-2-update-9.html#post974350
Try the following to fix your problem. Hope this helps

Under clover ATI injector use the following

<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x67B01002</string>

In the past, I followed a post using 0x67B11002. This does not work anymore.

10.10.2 working flawless after enabling kernel cache plus changing system def. to Mac Pro 3.1 as well as installing audio drivers from MB 6.1.0. Sleep wake works perfectly so far no random freeze after sleep, sound is always on plus new nvidia web drivers gave me additional 13% of performance - tested with Cinebench R15 . Thanks to everyone that helped me solved the issues !

Tried to update from 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 using App Store, but it has been stuck on "Installing 1 item" for the past 45 minutes now which seems odd to me since the install drive is an SSD and should install pretty fast.. I don't know if the installer is stuck or what the problem seems to be..?

Should i restart my Mackintosh mid-update? :?:

Having issues with 10.10.2. Everything works beautifully. The only issue is when I put the system to sleep it wakes up but if a I do a screen zoom (control + scroll wheel) (when enabled in accessibility), the system freezes and crashes.

It only happens after a sleep state. This was not an issue previous to 10.10.2

Anyone else having this issues?

Z77X-UD5H, 32GB, 570HD GTX, 3770K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back