Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating my rig was straight forward. Downloaded the update through App Store and rebooted using my USB Stick (this one has nv_disable=1). Now I downloaded the new NVIDIA Drivers, install, reboot, done! Sound also still works. :headbang:

Trim Enabler has told me to enable the TRIM patch again. But that's also happening to my MacBook Pro :thumbup:

I hope the WiFi problems are now gone (I'm using Broadcom BCM43xx which is recognized as AirPort Extreme)

- If you're using nVidia drivers for your GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, and/or 980 'Maxwell' graphics cards., install the 10.10.2 drivers. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html

Can the nVidia drivers for 10.10.2 be installed on 10.10.1 BEFORE updating OS X? Another way to word that is "Will an OS X 10.10.1 system boot with the newer nVidia drivers for 10.10.2?"

It seems like this would be the smoothest way to go, IF a 10.10.1 system will boot with the newer nVidia drivers installed...

Can the nVidia drivers for 10.10.2 be installed on 10.10.1 BEFORE updating OS X? Another way to word that is "Will an OS X 10.10.1 system boot with the newer nVidia drivers for 10.10.2?"

It seems like this would be the smoothest way to go, IF a 10.10.1 system will boot with the newer nVidia drivers installed...

Not in my case. I updated Yosemite, used "nv_disable=1" as a boot arg, downloaded the latest driver, and then restarted without the boot arg.

I love the Clover Bootloader!

This update worked without a single issues, I didn't even need to replace any of my AppleHDA kexts, audio just worked after the reboot, same with Trim, Networking (Wi-Fi and Ethernet)!

Checkout Pike R Alphas AppleHDA8Series.sh over at GitHub.

Good luck everyone!

Updated with clover. Easiest update ever. Installed the new nvidia drivers and that's it. Didn't even need any boot flags. Also fixed a weird shrinkdb error I was getting with safari.

Installed trough the App Store. Install went fine but now I can't boot, not even in safe mode.I tried booting with the -x, -f and -nv_disable=1 flags with no luck.I get stuck right after the [IOBluetoothHCIController] logs so I assume it's a graphics problem.I was using the Nvidia web drivers.Chimera, Asus Z97-Pro (Wi-Fi ac), i7 4790k, GTX 970
Did you try disableing bluetooth in bio and wifi ? Try booting without graphic card if you can .. I have gtx 760 and i had no problem but i guess web drivers react diffrent. Good luck. George

Updated with clover through App Store. Everything worked on reboot. Gotta love clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back