Contribute
Register

OS 10.12.6 Skylake i7 Gigabyte 170x reboots instead of shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
I've been running through the various forums trying to rectify my issue of my system rebooting instead of shutting down and I'm still coming up short! I recently got a new BIOS for my motherboard and am concerned there's a setting I'm missing in there.

I've turned off wake on land and turned on ERP. There's a new setting called platform power management which is disabled but maybe I need to enable it?

My full system specs are:
Mac OS
: 10.12.6
Motherborard: Gigabyte 170x UD3 (BIOS V.23b)
CPU: Intel i7 Skylake (6th gen4.01GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980ti (flashed) (and a GTX 1080 ti for processing) they live in a netstor expansion chassis.
RAM: 64gb Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
SMBIOS: iMac 17,1
Clover: V.4411
Caldigit Fasta Plus Card with esata, USB 3 and USB c connections

These are the Kexts I have installed in /Library/Extensions/
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.lext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

And I have the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 driver installed but no others.

I also have a Blackmagic Design HDlink and Eizo reference monitor that I have connected via USB to my system. The HDlink also has an SDI connection from an SDI card in the Netstor expansion chassis.

Here's a link to my Config.plist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1gpa18x0is8sgp/config.plist?dl=0

I'v tried enabling FixDarwin, FixShutdown, FixUSB, FixS3D, SlpSmiAtWake and HaltEnabler but still no luck!

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Last edited:
There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

Ah, wasn't sure, here it is locally attached just in case :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 201

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 189
Boots up fine, but the shutdown issue persists. It's exactly 3 seconds between when it shuts off and boots back up again.

I've attached a photo of the verbose text on shutdown.

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for helping! Especially on a weekend :)

Also if you need any logs let me know which ones. I get a bit lost in the console sometimes. I've attached a screenshot of the list of logs that are likely relevant.

Attachments

• 2018-03-24 13.02.07.jpg
    2018-03-24 13.02.07.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 13.07.30.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 13.07.30.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 98
Boots up fine, but the shutdown issue persists. It's exactly 3 seconds between when it shuts off and boots back up again.
My guess would be something else that is connected.
Try disconnecting everything except the SSD containing the OS.
Make sure that nothing is connected via USB and test.

Yeah I'll test it now. I'm hoping it's not the expansion chassis! It's been fine until the latest OS update from 10.12.4 to 10.12.6.

EDIT1: Unplugged all USB ports (and one sata port) and it's shut down fine 3x in a row. So it must be one of them, at least it's not the expansion chassis!

Last edited:
It seems to be the eSata connection I have. There's not built in eSata connection, it's connecting to this caldigit USB 3 card:
http://www.caldigit.com/Fasta-6GU3plus/

It's hooked up to an external Gdrive chassis that's switched off the majority of the time.

Do I need some kind of sata or esata fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back