Contribute
Register

Optiplex 9020/Monterey

Good morning. I did as you suggested, without any success. I also tried Chrome today, and that is misbehaving like Edge and Thunderbird. I wonder what it is about those programs that make them look so distorted?

I repeat, that I am so appreciative of the time you have spent with me. It has been a great learning experience. I will continue to use Safari on this computer, and set up all of my email accounts in the Apple Mail program.

I will see if I can connect a second monitor to my system today.

Best,

Steve

I also tried Chrome today, and that is misbehaving like Edge and Thunderbird. I wonder what it is about those programs that make them look so distorted?
The only similar situation that I've seen where this happens is on Sonoma after Root Patching has been applied to make things like Wifi/BT work. There's an easy fix for that but in your situation I don't think it would make a difference. Here's my Kexts folder for Sonoma. Apple Mobile File Integrity Pass kext allows 3rd party (non-Apple) programs like DropBox and Firefox to work. You could possibly try it but it really shouldn't be necessary. You haven't run OCLP on your Dell 9020.

Screenshot_2024-03-21_at_11_06_29 AM.jpg

Here's a screenshot from my config.plist in Kernel -> Add section shown in OCAT app.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 11.20.02 AM.png

I don't seem to have that kext. How do I get it?

It won't hurt to try it, but as I mentioned it shouldn't be needed if you are on Monterey and not root patching.

Done. I suppose I need to reboot, or no?

Back