Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see then...
1. Can I use only Multibeast, or do I have to reinstall the OS for each of the steps above?
2. What about DSDT.aml? Does it stay in /Extra for these experiments?

sagerian said:
Let's see then... do I have to reinstall the OS for each of the steps above?
Install the baseline for #1. Run the experiments in the order above and there should not be any installation/comfiguration issues.

#1 - what you said + whatever else I thought I needed

Reinstalling the OS, then:
-Multibeast
--System Utilities
--Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
---ALC892

--EvOreBoot
--FakeSMC
--FakeSMC Plugins
---Motherboard
---Nvidia
---HWMonitor
--USB3.0
--Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
---OSX 10.7.4
--Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx
--Chimera bootloader

Reboot and no sound input/output devices.

#2 - what you said

After step #1, without reinstall + Multibeast:
-HDAEnabler892
-Patched AppleHDA/ALC892
-System Utilities

#3 - what you said

After step #2, without reinstall + Multibeast:
-System Utilities
-ALC8xxHDA
-AppleHDA Rollback
-HDAEnabler892

As well, if you have a copy of the dsdt from the previous working audio BIOS, attach that.
Trial1_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_2001

Attachments

• Trial1_P8P67_Rev_3.1_BIOS_VERSION_2001.zip
    433.4 KB · Views: 80
  • #3.zip
    339.5 KB · Views: 78
  • #2.zip
    339.5 KB · Views: 85
  • #1.zip
    339.5 KB · Views: 76
sagerian said:
#1 - what you said + whatever else I thought I needed

Lets see if the enabler is the problem. Install the attached dsdt.aml. Try the same experiments above without the enabler. Reply with IORegs and the dsdt for BIOS 2001.

Attachments

• hdef_added.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 97
Reply with IORegs and the dsdt for BIOS 2001.
Do I have to reflash the bios to v2001 before or after the experiments?

sagerian said:
Reply with IORegs and the dsdt for BIOS 2001.
Do I have to reflash the bios to v2001 before or after the experiments?
No. The dsdt is the one you attached with the compile problem. The BIOS can be newer than the dsdt but the dsdt cannot be newer than the BIOS. What do you mean by "What driver do I use with your DSDT.aml?"

toleda said:
No. The dsdt is the one you attached with the compile problem. The BIOS can be newer than the dsdt but the dsdt cannot be newer than the BIOS.
So you want me to use the DSDT from the old bios, 2001, the one that worked with audio, with the new bios 3207?

How can I be sure the DSDT is properly loaded? Is there a log somewhere?

sagerian said:
So you want me to use the DSDT from the old bios, 2001, the one that worked with audio, with the new bios 3207?

How can I be sure the DSDT is properly loaded? Is there a log somewhere?
There is no log of the install. bdmesg will show a Chimera/Chameleon log but it only says it found a Extra/dsdt. Don't change the BIOS. I have provided 2 dsdts which are both from the same 3207 dsdt you posted earlier: 1. No_PEGP and 2. hdef_added. The easiest way to do this is to do each experiment with the two edited dsdts (1. No_PEGP, 2. hdef_added). If you have the third experiment available (ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback), run experiment 3 only with each dsdt. You can use a dsdt editor to install each dsdt, restart, verify audio and make a copy of IOReg. Reply with IORegs.

The default AppleHDA.kext will never make sound on your system. I asked you to try it so I could see the installed audio codec. For sound, there are two choices described as Experiment 2 and Experiment 3. Experiment 1 never shows audio devices or sound.

sagerian said:
timoboontjuh said:
i got the exacty same problem as sagerian got. i hope it will get a solution soon :)
We are working hard to have a solution. If this doesn't turn out good, we should change our BIOSes back to the old version. That works great.

i tried multiple times, the problem is: asus doesn't support a bios downgrade, i read articles how to do it, but it just refuses to downgrade. any ideas?

timoboontjuh said:
i tried multiple times, the problem is: asus doesn't support a bios downgrade, i read articles how to do it, but it just refuses to downgrade. any ideas?

Yes, I know how to do a downgrade, I did one already and I see another one coming sooner than later. Asus does not support a downgrade from the currently installed EFI, so the method i used is this:
- boot from a linux live cd (I used mint)
- install flashrom command line utility
- burn the older version EFI down
- burn the older version EFI down, again (burn twice, that is)
- shut down computer
- reset the CMOS memory (taking out the battery or jumper)
- install/use MAC OS X without all the problems I have now :)-D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back