Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
mizino said:
Only problem is i just got the machine the way I want it, lol, it seems like a small thing but actually it takes me weeks to get a machine to the way that works for me. So if there is a solution that doesn't involve me losing preferences and installed programs and the like, it'd be preferable.
Make a backup. Do a separate install (with a different user name) to get audio working right. When audio is working, use Migration Assistant to move the original user to the working audio install. Clone the new install over the original install and you are back to where you started with working audio.

toleda said:
The baseline is still not right. I'm interested in MultiBeat/no audio. Update the baseline with your normal MultiBeast options without any audio selections.
Here it is, see attachment. Multibeast without audio, but I noticed the video driver from Multibeast disappeared in 10.7.4, because I could find/install it and worked perfectly in 10.7.2. So now I have a very low resolution. Isn't the driver compatible with the new OS version?

Compile, save and install the edited dsdt in Extra.
Ok, it took me a while to figure out what you really want me to do and what program to use. I used DSDT Editor v0.8 and deleted the lines you mentioned.
Now, the file does not compile, I have a lot to errors, warnings and remarks. I press Fix errors but not all are fixed. See screenshot and attachment.

Attachments

• baseline.zip
    336.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 6.39.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-22 at 6.39.06 PM.png
    330.3 KB · Views: 207
  • baseline-edited_NO_PEGP.ioreg.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 81
i got the exacty same problem as sagerian got. i hope it will get a solution soon :)

sagerian said:
Here it is, see attachment. Multibeast without audio, but I noticed the video driver from Multibeast disappeared in 10.7.4, because I could find/install it and worked perfectly in 10.7.2. So now I have a very low resolution. Isn't the driver compatible with the new OS version?

Ok, it took me a while to figure out what you really want me to do and what program to use. I used DSDT Editor v0.8 and deleted the lines you mentioned.
Now, the file does not compile, I have a lot to errors, warnings and remarks. I press Fix errors but not all are fixed. See screenshot and attachment.
The baseline has a problem. Your 9800GT should be recognized natively.
The baseline-edited_NO_PEGP ioreg is corrupt. THe screenshot does not show the line the error is from. Attach the edited dsdt with the error.

timoboontjuh said:
i got the exacty same problem as sagerian got. i hope it will get a solution soon :)
We are working hard to have a solution. If this doesn't turn out good, we should change our BIOSes back to the old version. That works great.
toleda said:
The baseline has a problem.
Attaching a new one. I can open it with DSDT Editor. It is a text file, so it opens with TextEdit too.
toleda said:
Your 9800GT should be recognized natively.
Well, I would have been glad if it would. But my screen resolution is lower than normal, so i guess there is a problem with video, too. It worked perfectly in 10.7.2, with driver from Multibeast.
toleda said:
THe screenshot does not show the line the error is from.
Attaching a new one. Now it does.
Attach the edited dsdt with the error.
Attaching a new one.

Attachments

• baseline-NO_PEGP.dsl.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-23 at 9.18.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-23 at 9.18.52 AM.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 727
  • baseline-WITH_PEGP.dsl.zip
    34.2 KB · Views: 93
toleda said:
Both dsdts compiled for me in DSDTSE and DSDT Editor.
Well that's a show stopper. What's different on my system?
Why don't you upload my DSDT compiled by you. I'll install it and see if it works.

sagerian said:
Well that's a show stopper. What's different on my system?
Why don't you upload my DSDT compiled by you. I'll install it and see if it works.
Try this.

Attachments

• baseline-NO_PEGP.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 83
Trial 1
I renamed your file to DSDT.aml, copied it to /Extra and rebooted.
No sound input/output devices with the original AppleHDA from 10.7.4.
See attachment IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_original_AppleHDA.

Trial2
I deleted the original /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and installed Multibeast as follows:
- repair permissions
- Realtek ALC8xx
-- ALC8xxHDA
-- AppleHDA Rollback
-- Patched ALC892
No sound input/output devices.
See attachment IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_Multibeast_selections1

Trial3
I installed Multibeast as follows, without Patched ALC892:
- repair permissions
- Realtek ALC8xx
-- ALC8xxHDA
-- AppleHDA Rollback
No sound input/output devices.
See attachment IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_Multibeast_selections2.

At this point I wonder if it isn't better to go back to the old BIOS which works fine with Multibeast selections and live happily ever after.
Do you have any more aces in your sleeve, toleda?

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_Multibeast_selections2.zip
    339.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_Multibeast_selections1.zip
    339.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IORegistryExplorer_with_toledas_DSDT.aml_and_original_AppleHDA.zip
    339.4 KB · Views: 75
sagerian said:
At this point I wonder if it isn't better to go back to the old BIOS which works fine with Multibeast selections and live happily ever after.
Do you have any more aces in your sleeve, toleda?
Thanks for doing the tests. For audio to work, OS X has to know what audio ID to use. In each of your experiments, you will notice IOReg/HDEF/layout-id is 00 00 00 00 which is not valid. There are two ways to get layout-id into HDEF; 1. audio enabler and 2. dsdt injection. By not providing a layout-id, the experiments failed. As well, audio fails when ALC8xxHDA is used with a patched AppleHDA. ALC8xxHDA can only be used with AppleHDA Rollback.

Lets set up valid experiments (baseline and MultiBeast selections).

a. baseline w/native AppleHDA.kext
b. HDAEnabler892
c. System Utilities

a. baseline
b. HDAEnabler892
c. Patched AppleHDA/ALC892
d. System Utilities

a. baseline
b. HDAEnabler892
b. ALC8xxHDA
d. AppleHDA Rollback
e. System Utilities

If you are not sure about something, please ask. I am aware of and appreciate the time you have put into this. These experiments should provide the information needed for valid conclusions. Reply with IORegs from each experiment. As well, if you have a copy of the dsdt from the previous working audio BIOS, attach that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back