Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgnmsr said:
I am using this Theater System:

According to the Specifications page under Decoding, it says, "DTS96/24 : Yes"

Also, I did Part 8 of the Customization Guide and I still only got Stereo through VLC encoded digital audio.

Though, I was hoping to get surround sound through my gaming and video editing more than anything since all of the music and video I use is only stereo since I just download everything.

Additionally, is there any alternative device that I might be able to purchase that will allow me to use complete SPDIF Optical Out use throughout my Hack'a'Mac? I was trying to do some research on USB devises from Sound Blaster and a PCIe device also by Sound blaster, but I can't seem to find any confirmation that anyone else even uses the Optical Out feature functionally.
You only get DTS96/24 when the source is DTS96/24 and the player supports DTS96/24. See note 3 in the first post.

toleda said:
drgnmsr said:
I am using this Theater System:

According to the Specifications page under Decoding, it says, "DTS96/24 : Yes"

Also, I did Part 8 of the Customization Guide and I still only got Stereo through VLC encoded digital audio.

Though, I was hoping to get surround sound through my gaming and video editing more than anything since all of the music and video I use is only stereo since I just download everything.

Additionally, is there any alternative device that I might be able to purchase that will allow me to use complete SPDIF Optical Out use throughout my Hack'a'Mac? I was trying to do some research on USB devises from Sound Blaster and a PCIe device also by Sound blaster, but I can't seem to find any confirmation that anyone else even uses the Optical Out feature functionally.
You only get DTS96/24 when the source is DTS96/24 and the player supports DTS96/24. See note 3 in the first post.
Hahaha. I have no idea what that means. Lol

drgnmsr said:
toleda said:
That was a test.

toleda said:
drgnmsr said:
toleda said:
That was a test.
So, since it doesn't make any sense to this noob, maybe you can explain what all that means so that other people can understand also.

Hey Hi, my system is a gigabyte ga-h61m-usb3-b3. I installed 10.7.2 everything running out of the box except for the ALC889. I tried everything i know for and nothing helped. I then installed again but this time i did no use the distribution audio kexts but used multi beasts ones. Again the issue. System profiler does show audio devices but nothing more. Audio settings don't show output or input devices to select, so I can't seem to hear anything as i don't have output devices to select. I upload my ioreg file.

Attachments

• Breetai’s Mac Pro.zip
    337.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 11.12.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 11.12.17 PM.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 11.13.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 11.13.18 PM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 122
breetai said:
Hey Hi, my system is a gigabyte ga-h61m-usb3-b3. I installed 10.7.2 everything running out of the box except for the ALC889. I tried everything i know for and nothing helped. I then installed again but this time i did no use the distribution audio kexts but used multi beasts ones. Again the issue. System profiler does show audio devices but nothing more. Audio settings don't show output or input devices to select, so I can't seem to hear anything as i don't have output devices to select. I upload my ioreg file.
What are distribution audio kexts? What did you select in MultiBeast? Why are you at 10.7.2? Is there a reason you are not using a dsdt?

toleda said:
What are distribution audio kexts? What did you select in MultiBeast? Why are you at 10.7.2? Is there a reason you are not using a dsdt?
I mean first time i didn't touch the sound kexts thinking it would work just fine.
Second time i erased the stock kexts just as i read on a thread then repaired perms, and used multi beast with patched applehda and alc enabler.
And I'm still at 10.7.2 is because i just started with this and i wanna make it work and then update.
The reason i don't use dsdt is because i don't really know how to and so far when i got my mobo dsdt i wasn't sure if i still had to edit it or it was ready for work, so i renamed it dsdt.aml put it on desktop and activated user dsdt, but it seems nothing changed and as my screen shots show the device is there but the output/input aren't. Just as a simple question, if i were to edit the dsdt file i get for my board, do i just need to look for a string that starts by something like the device id? and then i put the text lines over there, save, reboot, audio?

breetai said:
I mean first time i didn't touch the sound kexts thinking it would work just fine.
Second time i erased the stock kexts just as i read on a thread then repaired perms, and used multi beast with patched applehda and alc enabler.
And I'm still at 10.7.2 is because i just started with this and i wanna make it work and then update.
The reason i don't use dsdt is because i don't really know how to and so far when i got my mobo dsdt i wasn't sure if i still had to edit it or it was ready for work, so i renamed it dsdt.aml put it on desktop and activated user dsdt, but it seems nothing changed and as my screen shots show the device is there but the output/input aren't. Just as a simple question, if i were to edit the dsdt file i get for my board, do i just need to look for a string that starts by something like the device id? and then i put the text lines over there, save, reboot, audio?
The reason for edited kexts is the standard or distribution kexts don't support your codec. Suggest you do a clean install, update to 10.7.4, run MultiBeast to get a bootable system (don't select any audio choices, no need for a dsdt), make a backup.

1. Run Multibeast
a. Select System Utilities
b. Open Realtek ALC8xx
c. Open Unified Device Injector
d. Select ALC8xxHDA
e. Select AppleHDA Rollback
f. Open Non-DSDT Enabler
g. Select ALC889
2. Select Install
3. Restart

Thanks a lot toleda :D
IT WORKS. And i feel i can make a good guide on how to get lion latest version with everything running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back