Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 888 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
5isalive said:
I have been trying to get a Shuttle SZ68R5 working with ALC-888s according to their site to work. Some places I read say to use the 892 one from multibeast others say 888 and tried both but can never get it to work. Tried in both 10.7.3 and 10.7.4. May try an older multibeast to see if that works.
Attach a copy of IOReg.

5isalive said:
I have been trying to get a Shuttle SZ68R5 working with ALC-888s according to their site to work. Some places I read say to use the 892 one from multibeast others say 888 and tried both but can never get it to work. Tried in both 10.7.3 and 10.7.4. May try an older multibeast to see if that works.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
I would be interested in knowing this as well. The 888s is supposed to be similar (if not identical) to the 888 in use on my Shuttle SH67 system. On a side note: so far the best audio option which provides accurate audio levels and S/PDIF support is the VoodooHDA 0.2.62 (*all* the recent VoodooHDAs–incl. the recent 2.7.4) have incorrect/distorted levels)

But obviously the VoodooHDAs also randomly KPs the system on boot, so it would be very nice to have native AppleHDA working on the shuttles.

Main problem is that there is no working DSDT yet released for either model.

Drag0nFly said:
I would be interested in knowing this as well. The 888s is supposed to be similar (if not identical) to the 888 in use on my Shuttle SH67 system.
The 888s is a relabeled 887. The 887/888s is different than the 888.

I have just updated to 10.7.4 i have not had a problem with audio before, I skipped 10.7.3 and was fully working all versions lion previous. The volume is simply greyed out asif no options are available I am using a dsdt from the tonymac website: DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-2.0-F11.aml

I have attached (what i think is) my io reg.

I purchased a very simular build to one proposed on the tony mac website over a year ago and have not had any problems so I would appreciate a less technical answer

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    458.1 KB · Views: 93
jonoh89 said:
I have just updated to 10.7.4 i have not had a problem with audio before, I skipped 10.7.3 and was fully working all versions lion previous. The volume is simply greyed out asif no options are available I am using a dsdt from the tonymac website: DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-2.0-F11.aml

I have attached (what i think is) my io reg.

I purchased a very simular build to one proposed on the tony mac website over a year ago and have not had any problems so I would appreciate a less technical answer

Thanks in advance!
What audio did you install (MultiBeast, patched AppleHDA.kext, etc.). Verify the version of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext. It looks like no AppleHDA.kext is installed. If you used MultiBeast, download and run the latest version. Reply with findings.

I have been trying lots of combinations so I wasn't sure, I have ran multibeast with patched 888 and have attached the IOreg again. Currently no sound.

Edit: attached old file, replaced with new

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    410.1 KB · Views: 114
Please some help ... i have installed *****L2 10.7.2 , and from Multibeast 4.5.1 : /Patched AppleHDA/ALC888 and /Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/ALC888.
In the "System report " i see 2 Intel H.D.A but in the Audio Midi Setup i have no input or output, obviously no volume and no sound. In the last week i have tried everything to make the sound work .... but no success until now.
My motherboard is a Asrock G43Twins FullHD and according to the manufacturer i have a ALC888, and in Windows according to Everest : Dev. ID 10EC-0888 , 8086-3A3E, 8281JB-ICH10
I have attached the a copy of IOReg.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.zip
    356.7 KB · Views: 101
jonoh89 said:
I have been trying lots of combinations so I wasn't sure, I have ran multibeast with patched 888 and have attached the IOreg again. Currently no sound.
You don't have a 888, you have the 892. The dsdt has the correct layout-id. Try this 892_Lion_AppleHDA

This is what is inside the applehda.kext / ../version.plist ... i do not really know how to find out the version ... i entered the MAC world one week ago so please have patience with me :oops:
PS. i have installed it from multibeast 4.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back