Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 888 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking for some help. I just upgraded my system to 10.7 by installing fresh on a second hard drive. I used an easy install disc (L2) and everything worked straight away except for audio. I built my 10.6 machine using blackosx's guide to my motherboard, Gigabyte EP45-DS3L. I took his generic dsdt file and am using it.

I have tried multibeast and it has not worked. (Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities)

I have tried the above changes to dsdt and the kext, but still no luck.

Here is my ioreg file and dsdt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• gigabyte-ep45-ds3l.zip
    260.6 KB · Views: 117
squidwardd said:
Hi, I am looking for some help. I just upgraded my system to 10.7 by installing fresh on a second hard drive. I used an easy install disc (L2) and everything worked straight away except for audio. I built my 10.6 machine using blackosx's guide to my motherboard, Gigabyte EP45-DS3L. I took his generic dsdt file and am using it.

I have tried multibeast and it has not worked. (Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities)

Delete the enabler and ALC8xxHDA (if present) in S/L/E.

toleda said:
squidwardd said:

Delete the enabler and ALC8xxHDA (if present) in S/L/E.

Well I feel foolish. Thank you so much! I now have output devices and my speakers are working as "Internal Speakers - Built-In".

Thanks again!

toleda said:
No sound assertions in console. IOReg says audio is working. I don't see any reason why your MSI motherboard is not making sound.
I got tired of struggling my MSI HDA controller and bought a Creative Play! USB Stick, which is working OOB in Mac OS.
Thanks for your effort and help! We all really appreciate what you're doing for OSX community!

Seems like I had a lot of trouble getting multi beast to write the modded applehda kext. I may have been doing something wrong but I got my setup working by following all the post's instructions.

First I built a custom DSDT for my EP45-DS3L and patched it with the patches from Oleria's website (thanks to him and Mald0n for that!). Next I followed the "adding HDEF to DSDT" tutorial and ensured that my DSDT audio was proper. After that I simply ensured that my offset was proper and pointed to my 888 setup in the DSDT. After fixing my DSDT and running multi beast as per the tutorial, I found that AppleHDA.kext hadn't been installed in SLE for me when I only ticked the one box (all that's required when DSDT works). I decided to give it a shot as though I had no DSDT. It worked. After that I simply removed hdaenabler888.kext since I got the modded applehda.kext that I wanted in the first place.

I'm not sure if the program is messed up or if I am simply tired and not thinking straight. Thanks for all the great work here!

no sound on asrock wolfdale 1333 glan/m with alc888 codec on board.. followed tutorial... added hdef dsdt edit with optimized applehda... no sound at all... everyhing shows perfect in system profiler and ioreg... whats wrong? :S

iV3K said:
no sound on asrock wolfdale 1333 glan/m with alc888 codec on board.. followed tutorial... added hdef dsdt edit with optimized applehda... no sound at all... everyhing shows perfect in system profiler and ioreg... whats wrong? :S
Is an there S/L/E/88HDAEnabler? Attach a copy of IOReg.

Hey Toleda,

Downloaded this through multi beast.

I followed your guide. In MIDI setup, when clicking individual speakers to test for sound, I get noise from Front, centre, left and subwoofer but do not get sound from rear left and rear right.

When I used the older MultiBeast drivers they worked however I had a fresh install and used the latest MultiBeast which have your drivers however I do not get sound out of the rear channels.

I don't think it's how I plugged the anagloue cables into the on board sound card as I haven't changed them and they were working fine in before. 5.1 still works when I boot into windows.

Please help

Thanks

I have been trying to get a Shuttle SZ68R5 working with ALC-888s according to their site to work. Some places I read say to use the 892 one from multibeast others say 888 and tried both but can never get it to work. Tried in both 10.7.3 and 10.7.4. May try an older multibeast to see if that works.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

hamzab said:
When I used the older MultiBeast drivers they worked however I had a fresh install and used the latest MultiBeast which have your drivers however I do not get sound out of the rear channels.
What color port are the rear speakers plugged into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back