Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
proshik said:
here's the file, hopefully made ??the right
IOReg says audio is working. Attach a copy of IOReg after a restart.

after restart

Attachments

• MacBook Pro - ?????? (after).zip
    320.5 KB · Views: 78
proshik said:
toleda said:
proshik said:
here's the file, hopefully made ??the right
IOReg says audio is working. Attach a copy of IOReg after a restart.

after restart

and so did not get done, so that the sound was working! before restarting the configuration parameters can be seen in the sound card and sound works, but after reboot nothing (

proshik said:
and so did not get done, so that the sound was working! before restarting the configuration parameters can be seen in the sound card and sound works, but after reboot nothing (
When audio is working after the install and before the restart, did you boot with the installer? Try rebooting with the installer and verify audio is working. The after IOReg shows AppleHDA.kext did not load.

toleda said:
proshik said:
When audio is working after the install and before the restart, did you boot with the installer? Try rebooting with the installer and verify audio is working. The after IOReg shows AppleHDA.kext did not load.

Sound works when I boot the first time after installation and install kext with multibeast 4.6.1
after reboot the sound does not work in any case, if loading from the hard disk or a bootable USB drive

proshik said:
toleda said:
proshik said:

Sound works when I boot the first time after installation and install kext with multibeast 4.6.1
after reboot the sound does not work in any case, if loading from the hard disk or a bootable USB drive

I figured out how to make the sound work, you need to select all necessary parameters in multibeast, but not to choose any or EasyBeast User DSDT. Then after a reboot the sound works, but the system is loaded only with the USB Flash.
If you install the boot loader from the point of bootloaders multibeast operating system begins to boot from the hard drive, but the video does not work completely. Video card I have Nvidia Geforce 210.
And the file does not appear org.chamelion.boot.plist at:
System / Library / Extra

Please tell me what to do in this case?

proshik said:
I figured out how to make the sound work, you need to select all necessary parameters in multibeast, but not to choose any or EasyBeast User DSDT. Then after a reboot the sound works, but the system is loaded only with the USB Flash.
If you install the boot loader from the point of bootloaders multibeast operating system begins to boot from the hard drive, but the video does not work completely. Video card I have Nvidia Geforce 210.
And the file does not appear org.chamelion.boot.plist at:
System / Library / Extra

Please tell me what to do in this case?
That is what EasyBeast and UserDSDT do. They put org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist is the extra folder among other things.

Hi toleda,
i got some trouble with my ALC887 on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H:
I installed Lion, Comboupdate and selectet in Multibeast AppleHDA Rollback and Patched AppleHDA for the ALC887. After a reboot i checked the version of my AppleHDA (its 1.7.9a4). I tried several versions of kexts and different kexts but there is still no sound. I would like to post IOReg-File but i cant find the right "key" you are looking for.

When i start IORegistryExplorer i can only choose IOService, IOACPIPlane, IODeviceTree, IOPwer and IOUSB and there is nothing with "hda" in the name.

edit:
I finally found the correct entry in IOReg but i think i have a wrong ID. I add the IO-Regfile in this post. I hope this is the file you need to help me.

cdlcnox said:
Hi toleda,
i got some trouble with my ALC887 on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H:
I installed Lion, Comboupdate and selectet in Multibeast AppleHDA Rollback and Patched AppleHDA for the ALC887.

edit:
I finally found the correct entry in IOReg but i think i have a wrong ID. I add the IO-Regfile in this post. I hope this is the file you need to help me.
No IOReg attached. Audio always fail if you install AppleHDA Rollback and Patched AppleHDA together. See Easy Guide MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Lion.

Hi,
i installed the kexts the way tony did here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=59052

and installed the NON-DSDT-enabler ALC887 kext (from multibeast) with this (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63854) patched AppleHDA but still no sound.

I hope the upload of my IO-file worked correctly now.

edit: It doestn work, i dont know why it fails but i uploaded the file here (hope that is ok):

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|905p9 ... g|3555|0|0

Finally i got it working. I had to disable kernelcache in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Hi toleda,
Im having trouble with Audio too on a ga-h61m-ds2 w/ alc887.
I just did a fresh install on 10.7 then updated to 10.7.2 wat should I select exactly on mulibeast for audio only? I have everything else figured out. Btw im not using a DSDT.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back