Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda,

i was wondering if you could help me please,

i cannot get audio from my Z77-DS3H

i have a working system running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 via SSD (system) & HDD (users)

Everything works fine except for audio.

Audio worked on the very first install using MultiBeast 5.0.2 (ALC887/888b current) which installed HDAEnabler888b.kext / 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext however following a reboot has not worked since.

I have since deleted ALC887/888b current, rebooted, reinstalled via MultiBeast, repaired permissions, deleted again. I have tried the legacy version. I have tried MultiBeast 4.6.1 Lion ALC887/888b + Rollback kexts but no response.

I cannot configure audio in either Audio Midi setup or Sound/System Preferences as there is No Output Devices Found

I have run out of ideas so i have attached my IOReg file for you your assistance please :think:

Attachments

• Robbish PC IOReg .zip
    322.8 KB · Views: 120
i cannot get audio from my Z77-DS3H
What version of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed (Finder/File/Get Info)? It appears that AppleHDA.kext did not load during boot. Run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 (not Legacy). Restart and reply with new IOReg.

What version of S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is installed (Finder/File/Get Info)? It appears that AppleHDA.kext did not load during boot. Run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC887 (not Legacy). Restart and reply with new IOReg.

thanks for your response toleda, AppleHDA.kext Version 2.2.0

i tried the MultiBeast 5.0.2 re-install of Realtek ALC8xx kext as per your instructions and still no difference :problem:

i've attached a new IOreg thanks

Attachments

• Robbish IOReg2.zip
    320.2 KB · Views: 184
Same problem. Something is broken and it appears unrepairable. Suggest a clean install, ideally, on another partition.

Hi toleda,

i now have working audio :thumbup:

luckily i did not have to perform a fresh install, since this was fresh install no.2

i unplugged all other USB devices except keyboard, mouse and audio cable, booted back into BIOS and reset everything back to basics as per guide i used initially ; Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards , finally following a reboot, audio is working.

I ran the IORegistryExplorer and although i don't know what it does (or what it means ?), it now displays all the audio properties of my setup, which is something the previous attachments did not show.

thanks for your time toleda ;)

Excellent. Any idea what the real problem was?

Yep.. after several tests, i have definitely have found the REAL Culprit.. -the real problem was my PS2 Mouse :thumbdown:

whenever it is connected at boot, my audio kext will not load :crazy:

I prefer my PS2 mouse but it only works in Snow Leopard with VoodooPS2 kext. I had no joy with Voodoo deleted using the 64bit kext from MultiBeast (AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext)

so i stick with my cheap USB mouse and i'm adding an Apple Magic Trackpad on my Xmas wish list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back