Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying forever to get front panel Headphones to work. It shows up in System Report, but never in Sound Preferences. In Output, I have Internal Speakers (Rear Green jack) , Line Out (x2 of these) and Digital Out. Please Help...

M/Board= Gigabyte H61MDS2 rev.1

Attached is the DSDT for my board from the DSDT Database and my ioreg file

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.5 KB · Views: 144
KatieBug said:
Been trying forever to get front panel Headphones to work. It shows up in System Report, but never in Sound Preferences. In Output, I have Internal Speakers (Rear Green jack) , Line Out (x2 of these) and Digital Out. Please Help...

Forgot the ioreg attachment

Attachments

• MacUser’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    401.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSDT.aml
    16.5 KB · Views: 143
Update:
See First post

toleda said:
maragon5 said:
Since I'm using Tony's F3 DSDT I followed Step 1 and 3 above, restarted and I still have no sound. Same as before
Try an experiment, install the native 10.7.3 Lion AppleHDA.kext_v2.1.7 (if not available, install MultiBeast 4.4/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC885), restart and reply with a copy of IOReg.

Otherwise, verify the audio codec (perhaps Window or Ubuntu).

Toleda,

I'm still having some issues. I'm starting to think that maybe the Graphics card is somehow interfering with the internal audio to enable.

I tried checking the Codec from Ubuntu.
I booted from an ubuntu 10.10 cd and ran the following command:
Code:
cat /proc/asound/car*/co* | grep Codec
Ant all that came up was ATIxx, no other devices or realtek info.

So I figured I would try starting from scratch. With my Radeon 5850 still attached, I grabbed another HD and installed Lion 10.7.3 and Multibeast with only userdst checked (with the aml file from my earlier post), atheros, and nullcpupower management.. No Audio options were checked.

Here is the ioReg.
Vanilla_Lion_10-7-3_z77-DS3H.zip

I also noticed a Sound assertion error already in console. See attached log.
Lion_10-7-3_Z77-DS3H.log

Appreciate the help thus far, hopefully we can get this resolved.

Attachments

• Vanilla_Lion_10-7-3_z77-DS3H.zip
    562.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Lion_10-7-3_Z77-DS3H.log
    126 bytes · Views: 105
TommyNagz said:
McJoe81 said:
I everyone!

I've just installed Lion 10.7.4 on my Asrock H61M-ITX with cpu Intel G620 and GeForce 8400GS.

Everything works but the 7.1 CH HD Audio Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec don't work!

I've installed all the kext in multibeast 4.4 but nothing happened!

Help, please! ;)
You need the proper DSDT edits bro. I already had a working DSDT, but I wanted to Switch to this AppleHDA-only method, as this requires only one kext which is half-vanilla :) I had to re-edit my DSDT according to the instructions given above. First you need to identify which revision and id your sound card has. To do this grab a copy of DSDTSE. Open it and under registry info click "get". In the search box in the upper right corner type "hdacodec". In the results you should see IOHDACodecRevisionID and IOHDACodecVendorID. Those are the two numbers we need. Revision ID matters, because if - like in mine case - it's 0x100202 you need to modify the kext by hand to get it working.

Ok I have IOHDACodecRevisionID: 0x100302 and IOHDACodecVendorID: 0x10ec0887 and I need to modify the AppleHDA.kext downloaded in first page?

Below the screenshot of my hdacodec

Attachments

• Schermata 05-2456062 alle 15.25.56.png
    Schermata 05-2456062 alle 15.25.56.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 217
waxy said:
I saved IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As..., but I can't upload this file. (Error message : The extension ioreg is not allowed.) I renamed this file and uploaded. Please download .txt and rename .ioreg, and use this!
No attachment. Finder/Compress ... is much easier.

KatieBug said:
KatieBug said:

Forgot the ioreg attachment
Your 887 on board audio looks correct in IOReg. When you plug your headphone in, you will see Internal Speakers change to Headphones in System Preferences. If that is not happening, there is a front port problem (HD audio cable not plugged into moterhboard, connector failed, etc.)

maragon5 said:
So I figured I would try starting from scratch. With my Radeon 5850 still attached, I grabbed another HD and installed Lion 10.7.3 and Multibeast with only userdst checked (with the aml file from my earlier post), atheros, and nullcpupower management.. No Audio options were checked.
The 5850 won't interfere with on board audio. AppleHDA.kext did not load during boot. IOReg and your other testing may indicate a hardware problem with the codec.

McJoe81 said:
Ok I have IOHDACodecRevisionID: 0x100302 and IOHDACodecVendorID: 0x10ec0887 and I need to modify the AppleHDA.kext downloaded in first page?
Install Attachment 2 in the 1st post of this thread.

Yes, I've just installed the second kext,but don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back