Contribute
Register

operating system not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover is definitely good , it installed everything me doing nothing :)

This is what i did so far

1)installed OSX using unibeast .
2)Installed multi beast and boot loader didn't work. so i installed clover on top of multi beast.

Other than that i didn't change or install anything. but everything seems to be working.

1)WIFI is working
2)Intel graphics HD 3000working
3)GT 540M is detected with with 1GB instead of 2GB(not sure how osx uses graphics cards)
4)Touchpad is working with multitouch
5)Brightness controls are working

Im not really sure, is this the way it is supposed to work or not.

Certainly you will have additional fixes to make everything work 100%...

One more thing i can't get rid of clover boot loader from bios. changed HDDs and flashed different bios also.

Not sure what you mean by "get rid of clover boot loader from BIOS". You need the Clover bootloader to boot OS X.

Certainly you will have additional fixes to make everything work 100%...

Not sure what you mean by "get rid of clover boot loader from BIOS". You need the Clover bootloader to boot OS X.

Thx
My hackinthose almost working completly. Took some time to configure clover but now everything working.

Except having issues with duel boot. To make my question simple this is what I'm doing to get duel boot.

1)Booted up unibeast created two partitions journled and does with GPT.
2) quit the installer with out installing osx.
3)started PC with windows installer then installed windows on DOS partition after formatting it to NTFS.
4) but bios can't recognize the windows installation.
5)tried start windows with unibeast but got error saying ' windows can't be setup on this computer'

Thax again

Thx
My hackinthose almost working completly. Took some time to configure clover but now everything working.

Except having issues with duel boot. To make my question simple this is what I'm doing to get duel boot.

1)Booted up unibeast created two partitions journled and does with GPT.
2) quit the installer with out installing osx.
3)started PC with windows installer then installed windows on DOS partition after formatting it to NTFS.4) but bios can't recognize the windows installation.
[/quote]

Make sure you have UEFI enabled in BIOS.
Make sure you ran the Windows installer in UEFI mode.

5)tried start windows with unibeast but got error saying ' windows can't be setup on this computer'

Chimera cannot start a Windows install that is UEFI. When installing Windows, you should let Windows boot the various stages of the installer, not Chimera.

Make sure you have UEFI enabled in BIOS.
Make sure you ran the Windows installer in UEFI mode.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, the USB stick for windows installer wasn't in UEFI mode.

I created USB installer in UEFI mode, and also enabled UEFI mode in bios.

But this time not able to install as its shown on in the attachments.

Attachments

• 1411937585353.jpg
    1411937585353.jpg
    626.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 1411940628115.jpg
    1411940628115.jpg
    945.9 KB · Views: 188
Yes, the USB stick for windows installer wasn't in UEFI mode.

I created USB installer in UEFI mode, and also enabled UEFI mode in bios.

But this time not able to install as its shown on in the attachments.

You cannot install Windows UEFI to MBR. The disk must be GPT.

In disk utility I'm selecting Guid partition table only while creating partitions.

That's good because that is required. Make sure you don't create any FAT32/NTFS partitions.

I didn't understood ,if I don't create FAT32 partition in disk utility ,how can I install windows.

You create it as HFS+J, then reformat as NTFS within the Windows installer. If you create various Windows partition types, OS X Disk Utility will create a hybrid MBR/GPT (required for BootCamp on Macs), which Windows UEFI sees as MBR, which of course it can't install to.

So, the trick is to not create any such partitions in OS X, and instead create a "place-holder" HFS+J.

You create it as HFS+J, then reformat as NTFS within the Windows installer. If you create various Windows partition types, OS X Disk Utility will create a hybrid MBR/GPT (required for BootCamp on Macs), which Windows UEFI sees as MBR, which of course it can't install to.

So, the trick is to not create any such partitions in OS X, and instead create a "place-holder" HFS+J.

Awesome it worked ,you are the man. I read all the tutorials about duel boot but none of them mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back