Contribute
Register

Opencore Z97 Xeon Haswell, SMBIOS version question (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI X570 Tomahawk Wifi
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Recently I changed from my trusty Clover build over to Opencore to try and get upgrading smoother and fix my USB3. The process (after a lot of reading) went smoothly give or take a few issues.

Firstly I have an issue regarding my BIOS getting corrupted on unclean shutdowns but I’ve got another thread questioning that one.

The next issue I think revolves around the SMBIOS version. You see I’m running a Haswell Xeon so followed the Haswell build instructions which recommended using iMac15,1. Obviously having the Xeon means I don’t have an iGPU so everything is using the RX580, which of course means it’s not really a good match to the 15,1.

In practice everything works except Netflix DRM in Safari. Not a big issue as I can use other browsers and it works fine however this would seem to suggest the graphics acceleration isn’t configured correctly. I understand it's used in some way for the DRM.

I’m not sure if it’s related or not but the other strange thing happening is my magic mouse is sometimes sluggish especially when moving over tabs in browsers or where the pointer placement means a change is the display i.e., moving the pointer over the tabs in a browser changes the highlight on the tab.

Are these issues related to my SMBIOS selection and should I be moving over to MacPro1,1 or is there something else I’ve missed?

Opencore 0.6.8
11.2.3 (20D91)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)
3.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR3
NVME Drive
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
ASUS z97 Maximus Range VII (BIOS 3503)

Nope...the mouse is still glitchy.

A little bit more research suggests this may be an AMD RX580 issue. So a quick search of the system.log reveals the following:

com.apple.WebKit.WebContent[14541]: getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX4000SCLib.dylib: #2: No such file or directory

com.apple.WebKit.WebContent[14541]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeonX4000SCLib.dylib: #2: No such file or directory

Doesn't sound good. Oh well...more reading required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back