Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

probably similar to yours:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI
Thank you!!

Let me reiterate again, if the machine in your signature is the one you're trying to install on then the EFI Folder I posted for you, you should not be still having difficulties with the installation.

Your machine specs is identical to my previous machine in every way. The only logical conclusion I can think of is maybe your BIOS settings is not correct.

Please go into the BIOS and check these settings.

1. Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled
Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL
Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled

2. Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) -> Profile 1
Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled

3. Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled if using SmBIOS Mac Pro model)
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated - 64M
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256 MB
Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled (if using a third party combo card like a Fenvi T-919 or similar)
Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controler -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Disabled
Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled/Disabled (to control aRGB lights on or off in Sleep Mode (your
choice))
Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6 (Render Standby) -> Enabled

4. Save & Exit Setup

These are the BIOS Settings I used for a successful trouble free setup and running state for my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi board.
Hey Eddie! What version bios? And do we still have to patch the bios? Was that cfg lock? Looking to upgrade everything and I’m way behind. Thanks!!

It was the latest BIOS version and CFG was unlocked with the same setting in the config.plist.

Have another look at the BIOS settings I posted previously, you'll see at 1. Boot -> CFG Lock - > Disabled (means unlocked).

Gigabyte later added that feature with a BIOS update.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 01.12.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 01.12.20.png
    108.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
It was the latest BIOS version and CFG was unlocked with the same setting in the config.plist.

This is hilarious, any trick or tips to getting windows 11 installed? I’m having a harder time with that than getting MacOS installed and running

Last edited:
This is hilarious, any trick or tips to getting windows 11 installed? I’m having a harder time with that than getting MacOS installed and running ‍♂️
Your hardware is new enough. Probably don't have TPM and Secure Boot enabled.

If you don't want those on, make an installer with this method.

Last edited:
Your hardware is new enough. Probably don't have TPM and Secure Boot enabled.

If you don't want those on, make an installer with this method.
Thanks I tried all this but I still can’t get it to boot. I get a pnp driver watchdog error. Even tried windows 10. Strangest thing I’ve ever experienced. Trying Rufus one more time. Thanks again!

As @trs96 suggested above, personally I went to the setting TPM enabled and Secure Boot disabled.
One good piece of advice, however you do it you should try somehow and disengage or isolate the OS X Drive before installing Windows as it will be aggressive enough and try to put part of the installation process on that Drive which could balk the OC boot process.

So strange. I had to start with windows 8 and work my way up. Thanks for the help all around!

Eddie, sorry to bug again. Would you mind uploading your EFI for this rig including resources? Everything is working perfectly but now my boot picker is just text, even with everything seemingly setup properly. Thanks again!

I scrolled back and found your full EFI. working great, for now haha. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Back