Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

I just want to get past OC picker to the install screen :) Any idea on that? thanks.
Let me reiterate again, if the machine in your signature is the one you're trying to install on then the EFI Folder I posted for you, you should not be still having difficulties with the installation.

Your machine specs is identical to my previous machine in every way. The only logical conclusion I can think of is maybe your BIOS settings is not correct.

Please go into the BIOS and check these settings.

1. Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled
Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL
Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled

2. Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) -> Profile 1
Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled

3. Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled if using SmBIOS Mac Pro model)
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated - 64M
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256 MB
Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled (if using a third party combo card like a Fenvi T-919 or similar)
Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controler -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Disabled
Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled/Disabled (to control aRGB lights on or off in Sleep Mode (your
choice))
Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6 (Render Standby) -> Enabled

4. Save & Exit Setup

These are the BIOS Settings I used for a successful trouble free setup and running state for my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi board.

Let me reiterate again, if the machine in your signature is the one you're trying to install on then the EFI Folder I posted for you, you should not be still having difficulties with the installation.

Your machine specs is identical to my previous machine in every way. The only logical conclusion I can think of is maybe your BIOS settings is not correct.

Please go into the BIOS and check these settings.

1. Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled
Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL
Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled

2. Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) -> Profile 1
Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled

3. Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled if using SmBIOS Mac Pro model)
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated - 64M
Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256 MB
Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled (if using a third party combo card like a Fenvi T-919 or similar)
Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controler -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Disabled
Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled/Disabled (to control aRGB lights on or off in Sleep Mode (your
choice))
Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6 (Render Standby) -> Enabled

4. Save & Exit Setup

These are the BIOS Settings I used for a successful trouble free setup and running state for my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi board.
Should I use the updated OC 0.8.7? so far it's installing. 29 minutes to go after first restart...thanks

Success! updated to oc 08.7 seems to boot up fine now. had issue with mountefi.command that needed a python install so downloaded this https://www.python.org/downloads/ then it worked. had to fix the language settings as it was set to GB and assitance was on, so Turn down the volume. also turn off natural scrolling in mice. rebooted a few times seems ok, have to tweak it some more. used eddies EFI, with updated OC. Reccommend you do it offline till you get everything straightened out, use a usb to transfer what software you want to install. and make a clean account. thoughts? Thanks to all that Helped I Appreciate it!

In what way?
I'm used to running 10.11 on a mac pro 3,1. The UI feels off, many elements reminds me of linux, like Gnome running a osx skin. but bear in mind there a huge jump from 10.11 to 13. and BT is not working, ugh. still gotta tweak some more. gotta give it time to grow on me I guess. Doesn't feel Expensive, ya know?
gu9yw1wxrl101352.png
Gnome-OSX-Theme-High-Sierra-On-Ubuntu.jpg

Yes 10th Gen Intel i7 CPU running Headless (Integrated and Dedicated graphics) using the 2.5gb LAN port. All Apple services working including the new ones introduced in Ventura.

Attached is my EFI Folder, I removed personal data from the config.plist plus the Resources Folder to lighten the upload.
Hi!

I am interested in using your EFI for a friend. Can you tell me what the BIOS settings are?

thank you

Hi!

I am interested in using your EFI for a friend. Can you tell me what the BIOS settings are?

thank you
probably similar to yours:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

Back