Graphics
intel 530 HD
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everybody,

I have TL-WDN4800 for wifi

Working fine with clover via IO80211Family.kext but not working with OpenCore (0.6.0).

Any help?

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I have TL-WDN4800 for wifi

Working fine with clover via IO80211Family.kext but not working with OpenCore (0.6.0).

Any help?

Thanks

Hi there.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Catalina 10.15.6

OpenCore not booting if IO80211Family.kext exist in kext folder

Without IO80211Family.kext, System booting fine

Attachments

• photo_2020-08-13_22-31-06.jpg
    photo_2020-08-13_22-31-06.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 244
Catalina 10.15.6

Okay, because Apple dropped support for Atheros wireless in Catalina, you have probably copied the IO80211Family.kext from an earlier macOS?

As long as you have declared the kext correctly in the Kernel section of the OpenCore config.plist then it should behave the same as it does under Clover.

Kexts that have incorrect certificates for the version of macOS they are in, can either be ignored or cause instability if you manage to get them to load. The fact it works okay under Clover but not OpenCore is a mystery.

EDIT: Just seen your uploaded screengrab. That looks like you are still installing - see the boot arguments.

:)

Okay, because Apple dropped support for Atheros wireless in Catalina, you have probably copied the IO80211Family.kext from an earlier macOS?

As long as you have declared the kext correctly in the Kernel section of the OpenCore config.plist then it should behave the same as it does under Clover.

Kexts that have incorrect certificates for the version of macOS they are in, can either be ignored or cause instability if you manage to get them to load. The fact it works okay under Clover but not OpenCore is a mystery.

EDIT: Just seen your uploaded screengrab. That looks like you are still installing - see the boot arguments.

Yes, i copied it from High Sierra OS.

I need to make Bootable Catalina USB with Open Core and trying to boot.

If everything is OK, I will convert from Clover to OC with fresh installing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.6 KB · Views: 178
Yes, i copied it from High Sierra OS.

I need to make Bootable Catalina USB with Open Core and trying to boot.

If everything is OK, I will convert from Clover to OC with fresh installing.

Hi there.

Okay, I am not sure if the High Sierra kext will work with Catalina because there is already an IO80211Family.kext in existence, BUT if I'm wrong and it does then you need to change your path declarations in config.plist. Take a look:

Kexts.jpg

Those paths are not deep enough to reach the files they indicate.

Because Clover doesn't need you to declare the kexts like OpenCore, this may explain why injection worked.

I'm still sceptical though ...

I am not sure if the High Sierra kext will work with Catalina

You are right :)

I downloaded another kexts (IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext) and added them to EFI/OC/kexts, then updated config.plist.

Now WiFi works fine on OpenCore.

I have attached the kexts in attachments.
Thank you :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.5 KB · Views: 403
  • AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    655.3 KB · Views: 526
  • IO80211Family.kext.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 699
Same problem guys. Need help.

Catalina 10.15.7. Downloaded kexts fron post #8 - IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext, added them to EFI/OC/kexts, then updated config.plist. And system don't boot at all.

Solved.
My solution is some other kexts.

Attachments

• AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip
    652.6 KB · Views: 393
  • HS80211Family.kext.zip
    402.5 KB · Views: 451
  • config.plist
    25.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
You are right :)

I downloaded another kexts (IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext) and added them to EFI/OC/kexts, then updated config.plist.

Now WiFi works fine on OpenCore.

I have attached the kexts in attachments.
Thank you :)

Hello, I have similar Skylake system with the WDN4800 and I was wondering if you are able to get OpenCore 0.6.3 working with this set up? I can boot into 2 separate drives, Big Sur & Catalina, but I cannot get WIFI to work on either OS... Without any WIFI kexts, it loads perfectly- just without Wifi.

If I load IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext, it will not let me boot into either system. (panic during apple screen).

When I boot into Catalina with Clover - I have WIFI working...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back