Contribute
Register

Opencore "Fixing Shutdown/Restart" guide - I need help with the USB Controller name in the DSDT reprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still have your Thunderbolt SSDT in your /OC/ACPI folder and the corresponding entry in your config.plist?

If yes, remove them both and see what difference that makes.

Along with the TB device being disabled in the bios.

Do you still have your Thunderbolt SSDT in your /OC/ACPI folder and the corresponding entry in your config.plist?

If yes, remove them both and see what difference that makes.

Along with the TB device being disabled in the bios.
I've switched off the entry in my config.plist. That is not enough?

Not if you still have the SSDT injecting settings for the Thunderbolt controller.

In your SSDT-TbtOnPch-GA-Z170-UD5.aml ACPI table, which serves your Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt device.

There are 7 x 'NHI' entries in that table - CNHI, NHI0 and NHIM.

So I have Thunderbolt working, don't know about hot plug. Probably not working. And it still does a proper shutdown.
But waking from sleep still reboots...

Any ideas?

According to older reports, the HD530 is the culprit. In tried several settings, without improvement.

What are the golden settings for a HD530 in a desktop?

This is a screenshot showing the DeviceProperties from my Skylake system (HP ML10 Gen9 Server) that has a P530 IGPU.

Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 21.25.02.png

The only thing that your system with a HD530 IGPU won't require, is the device-id entry, as you won't need to fake the device ID of your IGPU. The rest should be the same for any Skylake IGPU used to drive a display.

The HP Server will drive dual 2560x1440 Dell U15H25 displays connected via 2 x DP-to-DP cables.

As your system is not working with the standard/basic framebuffer entries you will need to look at which connectors are being activated in your system. This will be shown in your IOReg.

I would recommend downloading IORegistryExplorer from this guide and posting a copy of your IOReg, as instructed in the guide. So we can see which Connector is being used and what else may need attention regarding your display/system rebooting after wake.

Other versions of IORegistryExplorer can prevent the file from being read. So make sure you use the one linked and follow the guide regarding saving a copy of your IOReg.

Once the Display-Out connectors have been identified, you will probably need to add specific framebuffer entries to correct the display's settings.

Your Z170X-UD5-TH motherboard has a single HDMI display connector on the Rear I/O plate. So it should be a fairly simple task to see what connector the IOReg says is being used and set it to match the physical HDMI connector.

You may need to add some Dummy connectors so the Framebuffer works correctly.

The Hackintool app by Headkaze and the General Framebuffer Patching Guide by CaseySJ will be the tools required to confirm the correct Framebuffer-con0/1/2 settings for your system.

@Edhawk I already have all the tools you mention. Indeed, the only monitoroutput on the board is a HDMI connector.

Thanks for the links. I will investigate further.

BTW, the hack appears to work just as well(CD burning/web surfing/audio stuff) with the more-or-less vanilla Dortania Skylake guide as with your much more elaborate EFI.
Strange.

Another observation: internet downloads via ethernet cap at about 1/2 the availabe bw, while uploads are full speed.
Both with the built-in port and with a TB3 to TB2 to ethernet adapter... I tried both your EFI and the Dortania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back