Contribute
Register

OpenCore display error after setting new GUI theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using the newest OcBinaryData-master > Resources folder? I have downloaded a OcBinary folder that was only updated two days ago, it is supposed to work with OC 0.7.0.

The latest resources folder contains a number of new themes for the GUI, which are found within the Resources > Acidanthera sub-folder.
I never used this OcBinaryData-master > Resources folder. This can be the source of this issue if i used OC 0.7.0 whithout that folder?

I don't see anything wrong with your 0.7.0 EFI, assuming the BlueGrey theme is in Resources/Image/chris1111/BlueGrey as you have it in PickerVariant.
I don't know what build number you are using. OpenCore developers have released approx. 60 compilations and some of them are incompatible with the previous ones due to the importance of the changes made.
The files that you have to renew when changing version are:
  • EFI / BOOT folder
  • EFI / OC / OpenCore.efi file
  • contents of Drivers and Tools folders.
In 0.6.9 Bootstrap folder is no longer required.
I always update those files when i move to a newer version of OC. I will try again from scratch and see if things'll be better (x). BTW everything works like a charm except SDCARD reader. Do you have any tips for me about this ?
Thanks in advance...

@Keur2Lion
But do you have the theme into Resources/Image/chris1111 folder as a folder named BlueGrey as you have it in PickerVariant? I mean only the Image folder with the icons made by Chris.

EDIT: this post was launched at the same time that your last post was coming.

@Keur2Lion you don't have a Resources folder in the /EFI/OC folder you attached to post #1. Was this folder removed to make it possible to attach the EFI folder to the first post, or do you not have a Resources folder at all?

It also lacks any Kexts or Tools in the two respective sub-folders, so where are your kexts loaded from?

@Keur2Lion
But do you have the theme into Resources/Image/chris1111 folder as a folder named BlueGrey as you have it in PickerVariant? I mean only the Image folder with the icons made by Chris.
First time try with theme stuff in
- Resources/Image/chris1111/BlueGrey/
- Then Resources/Image/chris1111/
- Then Resources/Image/
But nothing seemed to work. I finally rolled back to the recommanded setting, unfortunately nothing worked too.

@Keur2Lion you don't have a Resources folder in the /EFI/OC folder you attached to post #1. Was this folder removed to make it possible to attach the EFI folder to the first post, or do you not have a Resources folder at all?

It also lacks any Kexts or Tools in the two respective sub-folders, so where are your kexts loaded from?
I removed them to get a light attachment, otherwise i have these files in my EFI.

Try using the attached Resources folder in place of your current one, it should work with OC 0.6.9 and 0.7.0.

It contains a cut down version of the latest OcBinaryData-master > Resources folder. The Audio folder has been stripped down so it only contains the EN (English) audio files and the standard alert noises. This makes it easier to share. The rest of the folders are unchanged.

Attachments

• Resources.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
Don't forget to change the Boot > PickerVariant option to Auto or Modern if you aren't using the Chris111/BlueGrey icons folder.

If you are using the Chris111 icons then the icons folder needs to be placed within the Images sub-folder of the Resources folder above.

Try using the attached Resources folder in place of your current one, it should work with OC 0.6.9 and 0.7.0.

It contains a cut down version of the latest OcBinaryData-master > Resources folder. The Audio folder has been stripped down so it only contains the EN (English) audio files and the standard alert noises. This makes it easier to share. The rest of the folders are unchanged.
@Edhawk thanks dude! I try with 0.7.0 and let you know if things are OK. :thumbup:

Recently I modified the EFI(0.7.6), you can enter the system normally, sound, WIFI, Bluetooth, card reader is normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back