Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I updated OC to 0.7.0 (bootx64.efi, drivers, opencore.efi, opencanopy...) and tried this new GUI theme from Chris1111. I get this error:
"ocs failed to calculate size of false field containing empty as type integer context <GopPassthrough>"!
It just displayed for 5 sec and the selection screen appears basicaly (no GUI).
I use a Dell E7440 (i5 4th Gen, Intel HD Graphics 4400, 8GB ram) running lastest build of Big Sur from AppStore.
How can i fix it?
NB:This don't affect the boot.
EFI attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    427.3 KB · Views: 81
Hi,
I updated OC to 0.7.0 (bootx64.efi, drivers, opencore.efi, opencanopy...) and tried this new GUI theme from Chris1111. I get this error:
"ocs failed to calculate size of false field containing empty as type integer context <GopPassthrough>"!...
UEFI > Output > GopPassThrough changed type from Boolean to String. This option provides the GOP protocol for firmware that do not implement the protocol. Supported values are: Enabled (provide GOP for all UGA protocols), Apple (provide GOP for AppleFramebufferInfo-enabled protocols) and Disabled (do not provide GOP). Failsafe Value is Disabled. This option requires ProvideConsoleGop to be enabled.

UEFI > Output > GopPassThrough changed type from Boolean to String. This option provides the GOP protocol for firmware that do not implement the protocol. Supported values are: Enabled (provide GOP for all UGA protocols), Apple (provide GOP for AppleFramebufferInfo-enabled protocols) and Disabled (do not provide GOP). Failsafe Value is Disabled. This option requires ProvideConsoleGop to be enabled.
Thanks for your reply. When i try your tips, this error message disappears but i still get this basic selection menu of OC (no GUI).
I want to to know if i have to change AppleFramebufferInfo from Boolean to String too?

I finaly fixed my issue by downgrading OC to 0.6.9, restored my old config.plist and set "PickerVariant" to Default.
Oddly this theme from Chris1111 works well however he said that his themes works with OC 0.7.0 or newer... :confused:

No but you do need to change Mics > Boot > PickerMode from Builtin to External, as shown in the two screenshots below:

Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 20.06.18.png PickerMode = Builtin (default)

Screenshot 2021-05-29 at 20.03.58.png PickerMode = External (for OC GUI)

Ok, but you would be surprised how many people forget this option and wonder why they only see the Picker List!

Ok, but you would be surprised how many people forget this option and wonder why they only see the Picker List!
Absolutely ! I took the time to play around with this option to see if it would solve my problem. But ultimately, i just rolled back to 0.6.9 and everything is back to normal.

Are you using the newest OcBinaryData-master > Resources folder? I have downloaded a OcBinary folder that was only updated two days ago, it is supposed to work with OC 0.7.0.

The latest resources folder contains a number of new themes for the GUI, which are found within the Resources > Acidanthera sub-folder.

Absolutely ! I took the time to play around with this option to see if it would solve my problem. But ultimately, i just rolled back to 0.6.9 and everything is back to normal.
I don't see anything wrong with your 0.7.0 EFI, assuming the BlueGrey theme is in Resources/Image/chris1111/BlueGrey as you have it in PickerVariant.
I don't know what build number you are using. OpenCore developers have released approx. 60 compilations and some of them are incompatible with the previous ones due to the importance of the changes made.
The files that you have to renew when changing version are:
  • EFI / BOOT folder
  • EFI / OC / OpenCore.efi file
  • contents of Drivers and Tools folders.
In 0.6.9 Bootstrap folder is no longer required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back