Contribute
Register

OpenCore Bootloader, NVRAM, verbose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck w/ windows. But we’re 5/5 on restarts without post issues, so might have resolved that. I am over clocking, but I literally just turned it off and then did it again.

My imsssage is weird. I’m receiving texts no problem, just not able to send. Serial and everything seems to be good. I noticed I don’t have a memory fix driver now — could that be why?

OcQuirks+FwRuntimeServices is the Aptio fix.

OcQuirks+FwRuntimeServices is the Aptio fix.
Gotcha, I'll keep working on the iMessage. Out of everything, it's the thing I'm least worried that I can figure out. I've done it before, I'll just keep playing around with it.

Same with the windows efi. I'm sure there has to be a something that will allow me to see that again.

Thanks for all the info again, you've really went above and beyond very appreciative.

@dmsmith90 I have been afflicted with the same symptoms as yours with bios posting. I believe it is nvram related, I have the same issues with clover with native nvram and opencore. The only way I can prevent this happening is to use emuvariableuefi.efi along with aptiomemoryfix.efi. That might prevent the bios posting issues, would you like to try my current clover configs, it seems a lot of people are experiencing the 'black screen' problems with AMD cards, I haven't experienced it yet?

@dmsmith90 I have been afflicted with the same symptoms as yours with bios posting. I believe it is nvram related, I have the same issues with clover with native nvram and opencore. The only way I can prevent this happening is to use emuvariableuefi.efi along with aptiomemoryfix.efi. That might prevent the bios posting issues, would you like to try my current clover configs, it seems a lot of people are experiencing the 'black screen' problems with AMD cards, I haven't experienced it yet?
So far we're like 7/7 or 8/8 on post issues, but I'm definitely going to check out using emuvariableuefi.efi if I have the problem again then! I use to have in my efi folder when I first built this system.

So far we're like 7/7 or 8/8 on post issues, but I'm definitely going to check out using emuvariableuefi.efi if I have the problem again then! I use to have in my efi folder when I first built this system.
My system works perfectly now. The problem with black screens I believe is a problem with 10.15.4 update, @Feartech put a link on another post implying it is also a problem with real macs. A wait for another fix or a possible weg update may fix it

I'm using the Opencore bootloader. How does one, exactly, turn on verbose mode?
In your bootargs, you need to add -v. If your using open core, you might be using something like proper tree to edit your confit.plist. You should be able to search locate this fairly easily by searching in the plist.

Last edited:
In the NVRAM section, in boot-args attribute, I set the string '-v keepsyms=1'
I swapped out the .efi files, as appropriate, for the DEBUG versions.

I added in the MISC section, sub-tree DEBUG, the following attributes:

AppleDebug: True
DisplayDelay: 0
DisplayLevel : 2147483650
Target : 87

I attempted to boot. Got the OC select screen, picked a boot disk (I have 3 trial disks at present) the Apple logo splashed up, then black screen. No text on screen like with CLOVER.

I have no idea where log or text files are stored. How do I get debug information?

Thanks in advance

OC log to root of EFI partition

The log files are empty, no data.

I am booting off a USB installer, selecting a OS X install on a NVMe drive, the Apple logo comes up, and the screen goes black.

If I boot on the USB installer a OS X disk on a SATA drive it comes up no problem.
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.36.03 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back