Contribute
Register

OpenCore Bootloader, NVRAM, verbose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
No change, exact same results. Boot args have agdpmod=pikera, iGPU disabled, still not booting from drive, and still just ends at the same graphics error. I'm at a total loss here. Are they maybe additional bios requirements that could be stopping this? '

VT-D - disabled
XHCI - Enabled
CFG - Disabled
Network stack - disabled
OS - Other OS // but have tried Windows too

I'm wondering if there is a UEFI shell is possibly, but I just can't figure it out.

Are you still seeing the following?
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.53.38 PM.png

Do you have WhateverGreen enabled?

Are you still seeing the following?
View attachment 459917

Do you have WhateverGreen enabled?
The IGPU portion doesn't show for sure, but it moves too quickly to see if that line you highlighted is there or not. According to my plist, whatevergreen is enabled.

When it boots, both of my monitors show they have signal, but now I don't have a cursor. Here's the most recent EFI.

The drive I'm trying to install onto is an NVMe, could that be the issue or is there a driver I should or shouldn't have?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.17.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 4.17.47 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 50
  • EFI 2.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
The IGPU portion doesn't show for sure, but it moves too quickly to see if that line you highlighted is there or not. According to my plist, whatevergreen is enabled.

When it boots, both of my monitors show they have signal, but now I don't have a cursor. Here's the most recent EFI.

The drive I'm trying to install onto is an NVMe, could that be the issue or is there a driver I should or shouldn't have?

You have to video the boot process like you did previously and pan through it to find where it stops. That's how I got to see your graphics error.

If you are using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, it will need a firmware upgrade before it will work with macOS.

You have to video the boot process like you did previously and pan through it to find where it stops. That's how I got to see your graphics error.

If you are using a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, it will need a firmware upgrade before it will work with macOS.
Okay, I've combed through the video and no I do not see that. That does mean whatevergreen is not working?

If a 970 EVO requires a firmware upgrade, I'm assuming a 970 Pro would too correct?

Okay, I've combed through the video and no I do not see that. That does mean whatevergreen is not working?

If a 970 EVO requires a firmware upgrade, I'm assuming a 970 Pro would too correct?

At what point does it stop? What does the verbose say? If it's not the "gIOScreenLockState 3", then you've gotten past the graphics issue.

Please see the following regarding Samsung 970 EVO Plus:

At what point does it stop? What does the verbose say? If it's not the "gIOScreenLockState 3", then you've gotten past the graphics issue.

Please see the following regarding Samsung 970 EVO Plus:

here’s what I’m seeing now right at the end. Any thoughts with this info?

I’ll check out the article to see if there are updates necessary for the 970Pro model.

Attachments

• 4E4F2ACD-BEFA-4082-97AD-045F36C35C78.png
    4E4F2ACD-BEFA-4082-97AD-045F36C35C78.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 71
here’s what I’m seeing now right at the end. Any thoughts with this info?

I’ll check out the article to see if there are updates necessary for the 970Pro model.

Did you enable "XhciPortLimit" in config.plist? I'm assuming you haven't mapped out your ports and applied one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes, so this needs to be enabled.

Did you enable "XhciPortLimit" in config.plist? I'm assuming you haven't mapped out your ports and applied one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes, so this needs to be enabled.
Correct, I haven't mapped out the ports, but I xhciportlimit is enabled yes. I have tried a couple of different ports, 2.0 and 3.0 for what it's worth. No difference in the results.

I've been using displayport, should I try HDMI? I could be totally off pace, just trying to trouble shoot anything at this point. I feel terrible for wasting your time.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 5.48.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 5.48.00 PM.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 54
Correct, I haven't mapped out the ports, but I xhciportlimit is enabled yes. I have tried a couple of different ports, 2.0 and 3.0 for what it's worth. No difference in the results.

I've been using displayport, should I try HDMI? I could be totally off pace, just trying to trouble shoot anything at this point. I feel terrible for wasting your time.

I didn't see any fatal errors in the image on post #26... Not sure why it's stopping there. Was there anything after that?

DisplayPort is probably your best choice.

I didn't see any fatal errors in the image on post #26... Not sure why it's stopping there. Was there anything after that?

DisplayPort is probably your best choice.
Okay, I just tried an exact copy of the same installer/efi folder but on a different USB and this time I got this as the last image. Sorry it’s dark, it never lit up before the whole screen went dark.

Attachments

• 5D079C61-E525-448A-85C1-9FDBE562A3AC.png
    5D079C61-E525-448A-85C1-9FDBE562A3AC.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back