Contribute
Register

OpenCore Bootloader, NVRAM, verbose issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just tried an exact copy of the same installer/efi folder but on a different USB and this time I got this as the last image. Sorry it’s dark, it never lit up before the whole screen went dark.

Again, I don't see any fatal errors...

Do you want to try Clover?

Again, I don't see any fatal errors...

Do you want to try Clover?
At this point, I'll try anything short of throwing it off a cliff. I had issues last night though with my clover installer as well. I'm starting to think it's my system. Last night, when I was using the clover boot installer, my screen was black (just like now) even with the navi boot argument.

Having said that, I'm happy to give this another go. Any suggestions before I give this another go?

Okay, I just tried an exact copy of the same installer/efi folder but on a different USB and this time I got this as the last image. Sorry it’s dark, it never lit up before the whole screen went dark.

Here's a Clover EFI if you want to try it...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 66
At this point, I'll try anything short of throwing it off a cliff. I had issues last night though with my clover installer as well. I'm starting to think it's my system. Last night, when I was using the clover boot installer, my screen was black (just like now) even with the navi boot argument.

Having said that, I'm happy to give this another go. Any suggestions before I give this another go?

Any luck with the Clover EFI?

Here's a Clover EFI if you want to try it...
Okay... well, this is the best it's been. I'm in Catalina....but still, just like with opencore, not able to boot without the flash drive. It's almost like there's an issue with my ability to install a bootloader or for my bios to be able to see one. Still having "posting" issues as well, but I'll deal with that when I can successfully work inside of the OS.

Words can't express how thankful I am just to be this far...

Any luck with the Clover EFI?
Another huge step! I'm now booting from the drive and not the flashdrive. Still having the weird POSTing error and my Windows EFI isn't showing up for some reason, but we're making real progress.

Okay... well, this is the best it's been. I'm in Catalina....but still, just like with opencore, not able to boot without the flash drive. It's almost like there's an issue with my ability to install a bootloader or for my bios to be able to see one. Still having "posting" issues as well, but I'll deal with that when I can successfully work inside of the OS.

Words can't express how thankful I am just to be this far...

So you are able to boot in to Catalina now? Everything's working right?

I don't understand what you mean by "posting" issues...

Another huge step! I'm now booting from the drive and not the flashdrive. Still having the weird POSTing error and my Windows EFI isn't showing up for some reason, but we're making real progress.

What do you mean your Windows EFI isn't showing? Where isn't it showing?

oot in to Catalina now? Everything's working right?

I don't understand what you mean by "posting" issues...
yup, booting into Catalina without issues. Here's a video of the posting issue -- every single time after I turn off or restart the system, it boots into safe mode saying it failed to post. Obviously, it's not failing to post because I was just in the system and it goes straight to that AFTER showing the mobo flash screen. If I press F1 to get into the bios setup like it says, the screen has a graphics error and just sits on a black screen. So, I turn it off, turn it back on, and then it's fine.

(sorry about 480P, had to really compress because of length)

Only things that are not working that use to work in my previous config/clover build was iMessage and this seems to be having the RARE but occasional acceleration issue where the mouse glitches out and I have to restart. Only done that twice though so far.

Finally the windows efi -- so I have windows installed a completely separate NVMe drive, which the EFI has always shown up in Clover and allowed me to enter windows that way. Not the end of the world if that doesn't happen anymore, but was a very quick and convenient way to go in between the two OS's.

Attachments

• IMG_7242.mov.zip
    57.5 MB · Views: 171
yup, booting into Catalina without issues. Here's a video of the posting issue -- every single time after I turn off or restart the system, it boots into safe mode saying it failed to post. Obviously, it's not failing to post because I was just in the system and it goes straight to that AFTER showing the mobo flash screen. If I press F1 to get into the bios setup like it says, the screen has a graphics error and just sits on a black screen. So, I turn it off, turn it back on, and then it's fine.

(sorry about 480P, had to really compress because of length)

Only things that are not working that use to work in my previous config/clover build was iMessage and this seems to be having the RARE but occasional acceleration issue where the mouse glitches out and I have to restart. Only done that twice though so far.

Finally the windows efi -- so I have windows installed a completely separate NVMe drive, which the EFI has always shown up in Clover and allowed me to enter windows that way. Not the end of the world if that doesn't happen anymore, but was a very quick and convenient way to go in between the two OS's.

I don't know why you get the post error. Are you overclocking? Do you have XMP enabled? Maybe try disabling XMP and see if the error still occurs.

Make sure you set up good Serial, Board Serial, and UUID in config.plist.

Please add the attached file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ and see if Windows is an option on the Clover boot menu.

Attachments

• NTFS.efi
    131.7 KB · Views: 59
I don't know why you get the post error. Are you overclocking? Do you have XMP enabled? Maybe try disabling XMP and see if the error still occurs.

Make sure you set up good Serial, Board Serial, and UUID in config.plist.

Please add the attached file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ and see if Windows is an option on the Clover boot menu.
No luck w/ windows. But we’re 5/5 on restarts without post issues, so might have resolved that. I am over clocking, but I literally just turned it off and then did it again.

My imsssage is weird. I’m receiving texts no problem, just not able to send. Serial and everything seems to be good. I noticed I don’t have a memory fix driver now — could that be why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back