Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pizzaboy75

Would you mind sharing with me what you've changed? Just the rough concepts. Because I'd love to know where those two kexts interfacing methods differ.

Hi guys,
I'm trying to fix my Razer Blade 2016 4k battery, but running into issues.
Initially I tried Using VirtualSMC and SMCBattery - but 0%
Then I had to decompile my DSDT and patch them.
When using RehabMan patch and includeACPIBatteryManager.kext I see 0%

Now I'm confused what's the best approach to do that having OpenCore 0.5.9 Can anyone give me a tip please?

@pizzaboy75
Thanks a lot. I was trying to fix the Cycle Count issue on SMC Battery manager from several days, but no luck. So I switched to ACPI Battery Manager. Finally with your help now it could be fixed. I would also like to know the changes made which helped to make it work with SMC Battery Manager.

Since my HP Battery is reporting real Cycle Count i basically inserted a new method "_BIX" with some of the values from "BTIF". I found the solution here:

@pizzaboy75
I face an issue using SMC Battery Manager in which when connecting the charger, the charging symbol is shown in the battery icon but the charging status shows after a delay of around 30-45 seconds. Do you also face this issue?

Attachments

• video.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
@pizzaboy75
I face an issue using SMC Battery Manager in which when connecting the charger, the charging symbol is shown in the battery icon but the charging status shows after a delay of around 30-45 seconds. Do you also face this issue?

No this works for me. Did you disable ACPIBatteryManager.kext in your config.plist?

I'm trying to fix my Razer Blade 2016 4k battery, but running into issues.
Initially I tried Using VirtualSMC and SMCBattery - but 0%
Then I had to decompile my DSDT and patch them.
When using RehabMan patch and includeACPIBatteryManager.kext I see 0%

Now I'm confused what's the best approach to do that having OpenCore 0.5.9 Can anyone give me a tip please?

There is the original decompiled DSDT and then patched with rehabman patches.

Do you see anything I missed?

Cheers,
Vasil

Attachments

• DSDT_before_mods.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • DSDT_bat_patched.aml
    141.6 KB · Views: 48
  • config.plist
    29.8 KB · Views: 57
@tashev

So... You use a patched DSDT on OpenCore? That's not really a good idea and did never work out for me too, you should patch by renames and SSDT patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back