Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@takki

Thank you for yor research! :) I'll keep the current one though, since those issues always happen at the most inconvenient situations, like in school... I'd rather take a step back and watch :,D.

Have you got any idea how to hide boot entries in OC? I want to boot windows through F12 and then choose it's bootloader, since that saves me a lot of headaches with OC's "apply everything everywhere" mentality. So it would be cool to remove it from the picker to avoid accidental boots that crash anyways.
I think you have to manually add windows to OC, check in Misc/Entries if you have it there and just remove it or set enabled to false.

But version 0.5.9 added "first class" support for Windows which as I understand will just add the Windows bootloader on it's own. I'm not sure if there is a way to toggle this on or off.

You could set HideAuxiliary to true, add Windows in Misc/Entries and set Auxiliary to true. That will also hide entries such as the recovery partition though.

There are also methods to stop opencore from using the mac smbios and polluting the nvram. the only thing you really cant turn off is SSDTs. I'm planning to look into that.

@takki

I've already removed the custom windows entry, it's still present. I'll try the auxiliary tomorrow, thank you :).

Yeah, also the ACPI patches apply, so you can't just always do the If OSI check, since you would have to provide default fallback code in some cases and that just gets messy. For me, there should be a apply disable for custom entries, stupid that such an awesome pice of software totally ignores that.

Can someone please help me with my DSDT. I am having trouble making the battery indicator work properly.
In my DSDT under EmbeddedControl, only 8 bits show up, which means I shouldn't have to patch the DSDT. I also think that I do not need a dummy EC SSDT patch, since EC already exist in my DSDT.
The percentage of the battery does show up, but it's laggy, and the battery indicator also doesn't show that I'm charging.
I've tried applying the "OS Check Fix" and the "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel" patches, but none of those make any changes.
Please guide me on which part I'm doing incorrectly. I might be missing some important SSDT? Thanks for helping!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    68.7 MB · Views: 188
  • DSDT.aml
    106.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 6.30.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 6.30.35 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IORegistryExplorer.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Can someone please help me with my DSDT. I am having trouble making the battery indicator work properly.
In my DSDT under EmbeddedControl, only 8 bits show up, which means I shouldn't have to patch the DSDT. I also think that I do not need a dummy EC SSDT patch, since EC already exist in my DSDT.
The percentage of the battery does show up, but it's laggy, and the battery indicator also doesn't show that I'm charging.
I've tried applying the "OS Check Fix" and the "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel" patches, but none of those make any changes.
Please guide me on which part I'm doing incorrectly. I might be missing some important SSDT? Thanks for helping!!
What laptop do you have? Is there a static dsdt patch for your battery that works? The OperationRegion usually isn't the only thing that needs patching and to get a working hotpatch you should first make it work with a static patch and then convert.

its a battery patch for DSDT.dsl

you can use it but its best if you can use a SSDT.aml battery patch have a search for a patch for your laptop maybe some one might have one good luck.

I couldn't find anything except this, can you help me please to try with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back