Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore battery patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vettz500

I know that issue from my earlier days, APFS containers are so unflexible and combining anything into them is a pain in the butt. Making that windows USB is something I never had to do, but I can imagine it's challenging. You could install a windows VM with Parallels f.e. and then create the USB inside of it, but I think you've got that figured out alredy.

Are you using the latest VoodooI2C? If so, revert one version back. Usually, the devices don't need any patching and VoodooI2C is able to do that itself. I did no trackpad specific patching. BTW, battery on windows is still screwed up, LOL. Says like 6%, no matter what. It detects charging state, but the reading is totally off. I don't know, what I've messed up man... But hey, windows is something I don't care as much about as OSX. Also, the speakers don't work from time to time on mac. The last 20% really do take 80% of the time. Stupid unbreakable rule xD.

@yoannez

Creating a SSDT from that existing patch while having the native DSDT next to me is not that hard, since I learned a bit of ASL, but it takes time... I'm happy to put that time in, to help you, but I currently got loads of schoolwork to do again. I will do that as soon as possible and get back to you. Promised! Quite stressful at the time, and I thought homeschooling would be more chill...

@vettz500

I know that issue from my earlier days, APFS containers are so unflexible and combining anything into them is a pain in the butt. Making that windows USB is something I never had to do, but I can imagine it's challenging. You could install a windows VM with Parallels f.e. and then create the USB inside of it, but I think you've got that figured out alredy.

Are you using the latest VoodooI2C? If so, revert one version back. Usually, the devices don't need any patching and VoodooI2C is able to do that itself. I did no trackpad specific patching. BTW, battery on windows is still screwed up, LOL. Says like 6%, no matter what. It detects charging state, but the reading is totally off. I don't know, what I've messed up man... But hey, windows is something I don't care as much about as OSX. Also, the speakers don't work from time to time on mac. The last 20% really do take 80% of the time. Stupid unbreakable rule xD.

@yoannez

Creating a SSDT from that existing patch while having the native DSDT next to me is not that hard, since I learned a bit of ASL, but it takes time... I'm happy to put that time in, to help you, but I currently got loads of schoolwork to do again. I will do that as soon as possible and get back to you. Promised! Quite stressful at the time, and I thought homeschooling would be more chill...
I almost did the VM option earlier until I found that someone made a command line extension in HomeBrew that mimics the Windows Tool that splits up the install file to be a max of 4GB chunks, that worked as it should. Then when I went to install Windows it kept telling me that the partition I was trying to install it on wasn't a GUID Scheme and it couldn't install. Yet the entire drive is a GUID Scheme, made zero sense. I had to delete all of my additional partitions except for Catalina and then split it up again after making it just one. Then Windows let me install on the dedicated partition I made for it.
I finally got the Trackpad to work. In the end I just had to have ProperTree re-organize how the kexts were loaded. Apparently it wasn't happy with the order from my last installation. After I did the clean and save, I rebooted and trackpad is back. What a trip this morning has been lol. Now I gotta go test USB-C Video and start reinstalling all my apps

@rufus8472 @vettz500

I think I solved the USB-C no video out problem. Please follow what I did, and tell me if you had any success.

Go to your config.plist and search the Root > PlatformInfo dictionary. Set Automatic to false, in order to turn off automatic SMBIOS build from identifier string and do it yourself. Not only can you (it works for me at least) re-enable USB-C video, but also unlock the memory tab in "About This Mac", with only a small number of extra keystrokes.

Look at the image below and make your config accordingly. The censored entries hold personal information like UUID, SerialNumber, ROM (should be your WiFi card MAC-Address) and MLB. The key settings here are BIOSVersion and BoardProduct (got that from MacBookPro15,2 - which has the working USB-C video). Those settings should not affect power management, thus don't worry. PlatformFeature 24 enables your memory-tab, sets non-soldered ram slots.

This may require you to re-enter your iService credentials (sign out, and back in), just saying.
I added the numbering 1-4 on Generic and SMBIOS dicts, those numbers correspond. You probably have Generic set properly already, if you worked on iServices, so just copy and paste them to the places where this number reoccurs.

BTW, feel free to just copy all non-censored values.

View attachment 464974
This works!

As far as your app goes, I get the following error when I try to run it without installing any of the dependencies first
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 12.10.51 PM.png

@vettz500 @BlvckBytes
I think it's better using curl to download the helper, wget you have to install first.

@rufus8472

Riiight, totally forgot about that, since it's on my machine for ages now... I will change that later, thank you very much for the idea :).

@vettz500

See, I said you don't need any trackpad patches :p. I know, had a lot of trips like this... I "wasted" so much time on this hackintosh, but it slowly starts to pay off. Wanted to just use linux half way down this journey, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

@vettz500

Thank you very much! :). There sure are further bugs and things I can improve, I am happy that the two of you help me with testing. When it's at an acceptable stage, I thought about creating a thread somewhere in this forum (I don't know where the right place would be, tho) to advertise this tool to other Razer Blade hackintoshers. I use it on a daily basis now and got it in autostart, I'm happy so far. Generally, I like to change the color every few hours, just for the sake of diversity. lol

How's your newly setup hackbook doing? :D

I'm sure now, the Nvidia goes on after sleep. Before the first sleep, my laptop used 14-15W with throttled CPU and afterwards it used 22-23W. This happens with the Disable-GDPU.aml.

@rufus8472

Right, I've read something along those lines multiple times... The last way to fix this seems to be to put it in the lowest sleep possible, that still draws power but is more permanent.

A commander kext would be good, that sets it off after every sleep... Maybe it doesn't exist because it doesn't work. dGPU is really just a lot of trouble man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back