HP Elitedesk G3 800 -
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with opencore config ...
I used to use Big sur great on my little PC but with the latest version, of Opencore, I can not boot anymore.
I replace Opencore 7.2 -> 7.4 files, put my EFI folder, update latest kext used but at the boot menu, it does not show monterey install partition (the partition is correct I checked) and I 've got some error lines (see picture).
Does I have to modify my config.plist ? It worked great with Big sur and Opencore 7.2

Any ideas ?

UP : Without trying to install Monterey, I just tried to update Opencore from my Big sur to 7.4 and I'm stuck on the black Apple ... what to do, There should be something in the update ...
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_101235.jpg
    IMG_20211101_101235.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with opencore config ...
I used to use Big sur great on my little PC but with the latest version, of Opencore, I can not boot anymore.
I replace Opencore 7.2 -> 7.4 files, put my EFI folder, update latest kext used but at the boot menu, it does not show monterey install partition (the partition is correct I checked) and I 've got some error lines (see picture).
Does I have to modify my config.plist ? It worked great with Big sur and Opencore 7.2

Any ideas ?

UP : Without trying to install Monterey, I just tried to update Opencore from my Big sur to 7.4 and I'm stuck on the black Apple ... what to do, There should be something in the update ...
Thanks

Hi there.

Yes, those errors in your photo indicate that your settings in config.plist are no longer valid in the newer version of OpenCore.

Do you still have your macOS USB installer? If so use it to boot your PC then revert to the older OpenCore version on your main drive.

I am not sure if you get far enough, from your description, to try booting with Safe mode or without Caches, so I'm uncertain if they would help here. You could try a Linux bootstick or CD and use it to modify the EFI partition. In theory you can do this from Windows but that's not something I have experience of, sorry.

For the Up'date you posted use the Verbose switch to see where it stalls and photo the screen for us.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I'm back on big Sur but I when I try to update to opencore 7.4, I keep me on 6.3 ... wtf ...
I changed every files in the EFi directory with the newest version ...
On the boot screen it's 7.4 ... but once in Big sur it is still 6.3 ...

I do not understand ...

Thanks for your reply.
I'm back on big Sur but I when I try to update to opencore 7.4, I keep me on 6.3 ... wtf ...
I changed every files in the EFi directory with the newest version ...
On the boot screen it's 7.4 ... but once in Big sur it is still 6.3 ...

I do not understand ...
you may want to reset nvram at the opencore boot menu picker screen

you may want to reset nvram at the opencore boot menu picker screen
how can I do that ?

UP : config.plist is <key>HideAuxiliary</key>
... same problem ...

Last edited:
how can I do that ?
when you tun on your machine, does the opencore boot menu appear? if not, hold the alt button and you should see a menu move down to reset nvram and hit enter, it will then reboot

Yep, the boot menu appears and even show 7.4 version ... but once booted in Big Sur I'm still on 6.3 ... that's crazy ...

Yep, the boot menu appears and even show 7.4 version ... but once booted in Big Sur I'm still on 6.3 ... that's crazy ...
Did you update your config.plst after comparing it with the example.plst in the 0.74 package you downloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back