I9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi,

I´m wondering if apple will release OpenCL driver for the HD4000 soon. I know that there is support for OpenCL with windows. Does anybody know if something is happening in the future. Apple shpuld really support this, as they have several macs which only have the HD 4000.

The drivers for this are likely to come from Apple at some point in the future. Original driver release was for Windows platform. Apple will write the code, test it and could include it in 10.8.4 which is due soon, failing that, it will probably be available through a minor other software update. Older GPU's have been supported so it will arrive at some point.

that would be great. i have a hackintosh with a gtx580 and a macbook retina 13. i think with premiere pro this could be a huge advatage to have OpenCL, even if it is with a onboard graphics...

that´s really cool. i only need the macbook for running around and traveling but sometimes i also edit with it and as i´m used to work on my workstation, it´s really a pain without graphics support in premiere. hope it makes a noticeable difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back