Contribute
Register

OpenCL and Adobe CS6 [works!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OpenCL and Adobe CS6

thelostswede said:
c00lbeans said:
I read that one guy added his HD 5770 to the opencl_supported_cars.txt file in the contents folder of the app package and it worked. I tried it but could not get it to work.

http://www.studio1productions.com/Artic ... S5-faq.htm

If anyone can get this to work. let me know.

Dude, why would adding anything to a txt file have any kind of affect on anything? It's a damn text file, that's it... o_O

Read the link smarty pants.

Websites are text files. Settings in programs are text files. Even Kexts are text files. But I guess changing those won't have any 'e'ffects on how a website, or hackintosh functions. Bunch of fools on here trying to add stuff to text files in an effort to make their hackintoshes perform better.

i added my asus 5770 to the openCL compatibçe cards.txt and i have mercury engine working... works fine

c00lbeans said:
thelostswede said:
c00lbeans said:
I read that one guy added his HD 5770 to the opencl_supported_cars.txt file in the contents folder of the app package and it worked. I tried it but could not get it to work.

http://www.studio1productions.com/Artic ... S5-faq.htm

If anyone can get this to work. let me know.

Dude, why would adding anything to a txt file have any kind of affect on anything? It's a damn text file, that's it... o_O

Read the link smarty pants.

Websites are text files. Settings in programs are text files. Even Kexts are text files. But I guess changing those won't have any 'e'ffects on how a website, or hackintosh functions. Bunch of fools on here trying to add stuff to text files in an effort to make their hackintoshes perform better.

Re: OpenCL and Adobe CS6 ** SOLUTION ***

Here's what it takes to get non supported cards to work with Premiere Pro.

Your card must have 768 MB of RAM or more. 512 MB will not work. Most recent cards are 1GB.

For Premiere 5.5 users, ATI/AMD cards are not supported as Open CL was added for version 6.

OpenCL ATI/AMD cards require Lion 10.7.3 . Adobe now recommends 10.7.4 as Apple updated the OpenCL drivers and performance is near double.

NVIDIA cards will work with 10.6.8 or higher.Need OSX cuda driver.

3 Steps to enable OpenCL on non supported 1GB cards :
1.Goto the Application Folder and Right click on Premiere Pro and select Show Package Contents.

2.Open the Contents Folder and Look for a file called supported_opencl_cards.txt and move to trash.

3.Launch Premiere Pro and all should work. Remember , you need 10.7.3 or higher and recent 1GB card or higher(no recent cards have 768mb which is min)

Notes for NVIDIA users.
Follow the same steps BUT in Step 2 , look for a file called supported_cuda_cards.txt and move to trash. You will also need to download the Cuda driver here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Adobe does not support deleteing this file - but made it easy for people test themselves by doing so. No need to add card names to the txt file - waste of time. ALSO REMEMBER that when an update comes out and Adobe adds more cards to either of these files they will put the txt file back in there and you will need to delete it again.

hope this helps.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You are a genius!! After months trying, finally get Cuda and Open CL working on Premiere CS6... THANK YOU!!!
Plese, tell me...What's the better to use, Cuda or Open CL?
3dadd said:
Here's what it takes to get non supported cards to work with Premiere Pro.

Your card must have 768 MB of RAM or more. 512 MB will not work. Most recent cards are 1GB.

For Premiere 5.5 users, ATI/AMD cards are not supported as Open CL was added for version 6.

OpenCL ATI/AMD cards require Lion 10.7.3 . Adobe now recommends 10.7.4 as Apple updated the OpenCL drivers and performance is near double.

NVIDIA cards will work with 10.6.8 or higher.Need OSX cuda driver.

3 Steps to enable OpenCL on non supported 1GB cards :
1.Goto the Application Folder and Right click on Premiere Pro and select Show Package Contents.

2.Open the Contents Folder and Look for a file called supported_opencl_cards.txt and move to trash.

3.Launch Premiere Pro and all should work. Remember , you need 10.7.3 or higher and recent 1GB card or higher(no recent cards have 768mb which is min)

Notes for NVIDIA users.
Follow the same steps BUT in Step 2 , look for a file called supported_cuda_cards.txt and move to trash. You will also need to download the Cuda driver here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Adobe does not support deleteing this file - but made it easy for people test themselves by doing so. No need to add card names to the txt file - waste of time. ALSO REMEMBER that when an update comes out and Adobe adds more cards to either of these files they will put the txt file back in there and you will need to delete it again.

hope this helps.

muffins2u said:
This is exactly what I was looking for, did you get the option un-greyed out yet? And both DVI ports working?

yep! see the post by 3dadd (also in the first post)
second DVI doesn't work, but I can live with that because I'm using display port for my second screen.

THANKS 3DADD! :thumbup: You made it work! I've quoted you on the FP.

3DADD you frickin' rule. Removed file from app launcher now OpenCL works. Running 1080p footage at 100% realtime with color correction is just fun as hell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back