Contribute
Register

OpenCL and Adobe CS6 [works!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OpenCL and Adobe CS6 ** SOLUTION ***

3dadd said:
Here's what it takes to get non supported cards to work with Premiere Pro.

Your card must have 768 MB of RAM or more. 512 MB will not work. Most recent cards are 1GB.

For Premiere 5.5 users, ATI/AMD cards are not supported as Open CL was added for version 6.

OpenCL ATI/AMD cards require Lion 10.7.3 . Adobe now recommends 10.7.4 as Apple updated the OpenCL drivers and performance is near double.

NVIDIA cards will work with 10.6.8 or higher.Need OSX cuda driver.

3 Steps to enable OpenCL on non supported 1GB cards :
1.Goto the Application Folder and Right click on Premiere Pro and select Show Package Contents.

2.Open the Contents Folder and Look for a file called supported_opencl_cards.txt and move to trash.

3.Launch Premiere Pro and all should work. Remember , you need 10.7.3 or higher and recent 1GB card or higher(no recent cards have 768mb which is min)

Notes for NVIDIA users.
Follow the same steps BUT in Step 2 , look for a file called supported_cuda_cards.txt and move to trash. You will also need to download the Cuda driver here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

Adobe does not support deleteing this file - but made it easy for people test themselves by doing so. No need to add card names to the txt file - waste of time. ALSO REMEMBER that when an update comes out and Adobe adds more cards to either of these files they will put the txt file back in there and you will need to delete it again.

hope this helps.

Sorry, but I don't understand because my English isn't good :(
So, I have a nvidia gtx 460 768mb with lion 10.7.2
What I have to do to get full acceleration on premiere and after effects cs6?
I have to change my video card?

Thanks in advance

angy82 said:
3dadd said:

Your card must have 768 MB of RAM or more. 512 MB will not work. Most recent cards are 1GB.

For Premiere 5.5 users, ATI/AMD cards are not supported as Open CL was added for version 6.

OpenCL ATI/AMD cards require Lion 10.7.3 . Adobe now recommends 10.7.4 as Apple updated the OpenCL drivers and performance is near double.

1.Goto the Application Folder and Right click on Premiere Pro and select Show Package Contents.

2.Open the Contents Folder and Look for a file called supported_opencl_cards.txt and move to trash.

3.Launch Premiere Pro and all should work. Remember , you need 10.7.3 or higher and recent 1GB card or higher(no recent cards have 768mb which is min)

Notes for NVIDIA users.
Follow the same steps BUT in Step 2 , look for a file called supported_cuda_cards.txt and move to trash. You will also need to download the Cuda driver here:

Adobe does not support deleteing this file - but made it easy for people test themselves by doing so. No need to add card names to the txt file - waste of time. ALSO REMEMBER that when an update comes out and Adobe adds more cards to either of these files they will put the txt file back in there and you will need to delete it again.

hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

angy82, I made you an image instruction, hope it works!
-E

Attachments

• cs6instructions.png
    cs6instructions.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 331
Thanks a lot wieerik, but I've already tried to remove this file and I have no acceleration from my video card. When I start a new project with adobe premiere I cannot choose any rendering option. Everything is disabled.

Edit: I was wrong before because I had removed the wrong file. Now everything seems to be ok. Do you know if there is a trick also for After Effects? Thanks again

Awesome! Deleted that file and now I have full hardware OpenCL on my 6870!! :D Works great!

Does this have anything to do with why Neither CS5.5 or CS6 play back video for me from my timeline?

I have tried to play video back while editing, and nothing seems to get this fixed with my set up. The Source, The timeline, or the small viewing window in the media window works.
I hope this solves my problem too :(

ASUS P8 Z68-V LX
AMD Radeon HD 6870(Showing Correctly in System Report, Also have both monitors working via Mini display to VGA and one DVI)
Intel Core i5 2500k - 3.3GHz
16GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.7.3

randallphoto said:
Awesome! Deleted that file and now I have full hardware OpenCL on my 6870!! :D Works great!

Are you on 10.7.4? Or still on 10.7.3?
I noticed 10.7.4 broke OpenCL on my 6870.

wieerik said:
angy82 said:
3dadd said:

Notes for NVIDIA users.

hope this helps.

Thanks in advance

angy82, I made you an image instruction, hope it works!
-E

Think this will work for final cut pro?

It works for me with mine AMD Radeon HD 6870!!! Thanks you very much for this tip!!!

Attachments

• OpenCL PPRO CS6.png
    OpenCL PPRO CS6.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 342
Nice. It works (I think). 6870 and 10.7.4 OSX.
OpenCL shows up in the Renderer Window.

But how can you really test that HW acceleration is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back