Contribute
Register

Ongoing Progress - Big Sur on Gigabyte B550 Vision D - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Thunderbolt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tested whether ECC RAM is working with this board and Big Sur?

Hi...

have a question about AMD systems.
Compared to your system based on Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, how much difference in terms of smoothness and reliability there is between the two platforms?
Does it make a big difference to run AMD once the system is implemented?
Are updates as easy and without worries as on an Intel system?

Thanks.
  • My ASRock X570 Taichi is rock solid even with Big Sur public beta.
    • XMP Memory Profile is turned off.
  • My Gigabyte B550 Vision D occasionally crashes. I would say one UI crash every 2 or 3 days. Safari is very unreliable, so I've switched to Firefox.
    • XMP Memory Profile is turned on.
I will disable XMP Memory Profile soon and see whether that makes any difference. Also waiting for Big Sur official release to see whether it will make any difference.

• My ASRock X570 Taichi is rock solid even with Big Sur public beta.
    • XMP Memory Profile is turned off.
  • My Gigabyte B550 Vision D occasionally crashes. I would say one UI crash every 2 or 3 days. Safari is very unreliable, so I've switched to Firefox.
    • XMP Memory Profile is turned on.
I will disable XMP Memory Profile soon and see whether that makes any difference. Also waiting for Big Sur official release to see whether it will make any difference.
Could you share your EFI folder for the ASRock X570 Taichi or even make a guide for it? Please :)

Ryzen 5600X working with patches. Look at this single core score.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 11.07.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 11.07.53 AM.png
    102 KB · Views: 131
I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. Any recommendations? Any recommendations? Any recommendations? Any recommendations? I've tried installing zero Big Sur and I've tried to install from scratch Big Sur and the same thing happens, I can not enter the installation menu, despite going perfectly with macOS Catalina.

I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. I have an MSI 550 Tomahawk with a Ryzen 3900X with macOS Catalina, but when I try to upgrade to macOS Big Sur it will stop at the verbose and I can't upgrade. Any recommendations? Any recommendations? Any recommendations? Any recommendations? I've tried installing zero Big Sur and I've tried to install from scratch Big Sur and the same thing happens, I can not enter the installation menu, despite going perfectly with macOS Catalina.
So i'm not alone !!!
I'm on it for 3 days and I want to give up...

I have weird problems on verbose like device is write locked
And when I install big sur, I have a kernel panic 1mn after booting because of a AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement but I have a AMD hack and I put true to dummypowermanagement....

Hi Casey,
well done!
Thanks for the info...
did you also have the opportunity to test the Thunderbolt 3 port with Antelope Audio sound cards such us Orion Studio Synergy Core or Zen Tour Synergy Core? None so far was able to make them work on Hackintosh. I owe an Orion Studio and a... too old mac book pro 2012.
Whatever help is appreciated.
Thanks!

@CaseySJ regarding the USB2.0 sleep issue, have you tried configuring those ports as internal? Got similar stories that got solved by that, so just wanted to ask :)

@CaseySJ regarding the USB2.0 sleep issue, have you tried configuring those ports as internal? Got similar stories that got solved by that, so just wanted to ask :)
The sleep problem was resolved last month with the “October Miracle” — namely, a fix made by Apple in Big Sur.

So there are no sleep/wake issues that we know of!

Hi Casey,
well done!
Thanks for the info...
did you also have the opportunity to test the Thunderbolt 3 port with Antelope Audio sound cards such us Orion Studio Synergy Core or Zen Tour Synergy Core? None so far was able to make them work on Hackintosh. I owe an Orion Studio and a... too old mac book pro 2012.
Whatever help is appreciated.
Thanks!
There’s a fair bit of discussion on this topic in the Z390 Designare thread. Alas, Antelope’s drivers still do not work in Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur on a Hackintosh. They do work in High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back