Contribute
Register

ongoing Monitor problem - help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I am so happy with my hackintosh build but I have got extreme problems with my monitors. I hope anyones got an idea what to do. Before I start Don't wonder why I could try so many monitors, I had some of them at home and some of them I have ordered online.

So, I have installed my hackintosh with a simple HDMI Monitor (old model) it all worked out fine in the beginning. Then, I have changed the resolution to a smaller one and suddenly the monitor didn't get a signal. I guess the resolution was too high or too low for my system.

Then I have changed to another Monitor with a DVI connection. This was is working just fine.

So since I thought its all good, I ordered my first 4k Monitor. I have plugged it into my pc, while my system was working. And it got no signal. So I re-started my system and it all worked when starting the pc and the monitor freshly together.

That was the first time, I realised something is not working properly, since I couldn't connect it to my system while it was working. But I thought this is normal back then.

However because this first 4k Monitor had Backlight Bleeding I have bought another one. 4k Model Number. 2. This was working great, but yesterday it lost the signal while I was actively working with my hackintosh. Also, when I turned the monitor off and on, it wasn't getting a signal either.Like the first 4k Model I needed a fresh start with both the monitor and the pc.

So, I plugged in my other one (4k with Backlight Bleed) to check if this one also lose signal while working. And suddenly the new one didn't get a signal at all. After Hackintosh was ready to load the password page, the signal was gone.

This happend yesterday, at the moment I have sent back all monitors since I know I have to solve this problem first. So since every monitor had this problem, no matter if HDMI, Displayport or DVI I guess the monitors are all good. It can not be the cable either.

As far I know, It is software related or my mainboard is not working. So now you know my story, does anyone has got an idea what I could do? Hackintosh is working really good and I am so happy to have it but this monitor thing is really bothering me. I just want know where the problem comes from. Broken Mainboard? Software?

I am ready to buy a GTX 980 Ti cause I think this would solve the problem but I am not sure. However even if it does, I need to know If I have to change my mainboard or my software.

Glad for ANY help, since I am getting crazy over here. Thanks guys!

BTW to not forget the important stuff: I am using an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard with not GPU. I think the other components are not relevant.

oh sorry, ok so:

CPU: i7 6700 3,40 Ghz
Case: Corsair 400C
Power: EVGA 220 G2 0550 Y2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 256GB
Motherboard: Asus Z 170p PRO Gaming
Mouse and Keyboard from Apple
Monitor: yeah, I would say several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back