Contribute
Register

Omen 15-ek0006nl not entering installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I'm in the installation process (arrived to the apple logo). Unfortuntaly I cannot go further cause if I chose to install the system it requires me to have an internet connection.
I have the realtek8111 kext and the right wifi kext in the kexts folder, but it seems the installation cannot find an internet connection

EDIT: I have a AX201 wifi card and a RTL8168H ethernet chip

Finally I'm in the installation process (arrived to the apple logo). Unfortuntaly I cannot go further cause if I chose to install the system it requires me to have an internet connection.
I have the realtek8111 kext and the right wifi kext in the kexts folder, but it seems the installation cannot find an internet connection

EDIT: I have a AX201 wifi card and a RTL8168H ethernet chip
well done :)

try the attached kext instead

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 41
version 2.4.0d5 didnt work
and just as an addendum, this is the strings I get regarding the wifi kext before apple logo

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_180947.jpg
    IMG_20201025_180947.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
version 2.4.0d5 didnt work
couple of other different versions from here:

couple of other different versions from here:
tried all the versions, but none worked

Can I install using the complete catalina image (and not only the recovery image)? Or do I need ethernet even if I try this method?

Can I install using the complete catalina image (and not only the recovery image)? Or do I need ethernet even if I try this method?
yes, but you will need a mac or a working hackintosh to create the full installer

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    127 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back