5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thought to share this.

So I have an old HP Pavilion G4 laptop that I bought a years back from a friend for some light Windows work and file archiving.
I recently wanted to test it out for a hackintosh build on Big Sur so I pulled it out of storage (after not using it for about 2 years) and tried to fire it up with my G4 HP PSU attached. I press the power button on it and the next thing I know, the unit doesn't fire up AT ALL. I check there's no power lights, and no hard drive lights appear on it at all with the PSU attached. Like as if the whole thing is dead.

I've owned quite a couple of laptops in my life, including some other HP laptops, but never quite experienced anything like this before where the whole thing has just died on me. As far as I know, the laptop has been in moderate use, fired up on occasions through the years and always been stored in a fairly clean and dry area at moderate room temperature so technically it should have been fine. So why it is has suddenly stopped working has gotten me rather stumped.

Hi

Any lights coming on when you try to power it up?

If nothing is happening do you have another power supply to test it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back