Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

Upgraded my BIOS from F4 to F7b today. (Required to unplug my secondary GPU, and reset the BIOS by removing the battery and shortening the reset PINs on the mainboard).

Upgraded from macOS Monterey 12.6.1 to macOS Ventura 13.0.
I'm running OC 0.8.5, with the latest kexts.
In Ventura the Intel i225-V network card does not work.
The fix is rather evolved but is nicely described here (follow the guide carefully, yes, you need to enable AppleVTD too).
The only remaning issue I have now is that sleep doesn't work, but it did also not work in Monterey 12.6.1. So no big deal for me. If someone knows how to fix this, would appreciate a hint.

Edit: Enabling AppleVTD causes my Windows 10 fail to boot. The (hopefully temporary) fix is easy, just press F12 and boot Windows without OpenCore by selecting the Windows UEFI boot entry directly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.16.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.16.38.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.16.54.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.16.54.png
    132 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upgraded to OC 0.8.6 and macOS Ventura 13.0.1, took 10 minutes, no problems.
I noticed ever since my BIOS update from F4 to F7b my USB powered devices (i.e., my external sound card) stay powered even after switching the PC off. I'm sure you can change this behaviour in the BIOS, but have not yet bothered to do that ...

Updated to OpenCore 0.8.7, updated all kexts, installed Ventura 13.1 (22C65), no issues.

Just updated to macOS Monterey 12.1 without any issues.
Hi, could you please share your EFI?? (I've the same Motherboard an CPU, and my GPU is Gigabyte RX 6600xt, but I can't update to Monterrey from Big Sur or even make a clean instalation from ubs... I appreciate your help!!... Regards

Hi, could you please share your EFI?? (I've the same Motherboard an CPU, and my GPU is Gigabyte RX 6600xt, but I can't update to Monterrey from Big Sur or even make a clean instalation from ubs... I appreciate your help!!... Regards
post 1

Hello, I do not know what is post 1, sorry, I have been for a long time but some time ago I made a comment (I think no one answered)... Now finally got to install Ventura, but the network card does not work (I found a tutorial where someone explain how to enable it, but there is an SSDt that I can not add) additionally after a certain time of work the computer is inhibited. I really appreciate the help you can offer me because I have been working for 4 days to install Ventura (before I had Big Sur)... Big hug and thanks in advance for the help

I made a big mistake, updated to BIOS F7e last night.

Changes according to Gigabyte:
1. Checksum : C8F0
2. Improve the compatibility of non-K CPU with CXMT / Unic memory
3. Improve Thunderbolt compatibility issues

Especially the last bullet point makes no sense, as the mainboard (the G version) does not even have Thunderbolt (only the D version has). Anyway, ever since my Hackintosh randomly crashes after a few minutes.

The latest change to my config.plist was to enable Apple VTD to get the NIC Intel i225-V to work. My old OC 0.8.5 non-Apple VTD EFI, however, also crashes after a few minutes with F7e BIOS. So it looks like this is unrelated.
If I had to guess, I assume it's related to the NVMes again (see screenshot). But I'm not an expert.

The fix is easy, downgrade the BIOS to F7b (which I backuped on my USB drive). Now all issues are gone.
So this is a warning: Avoid BIOS F7e as long as we do not have a fix for the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.JPG
    IMG_3275.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 35
Updated to OpenCore 0.8.8, updated all KEXTs, installed Ventura 13.2 without any problems, BIOS F7b. Sleep still does not work. Maybe I will investigate what is going on there over this weekend.

Edit1: Sleep does work, but only once. Deterministically on the second attempt, when trying to wake th system up again, it will crash and automatically reboot. Ideas, anyone?

Edit2: Updated to 13.2.1 no issues.

Last edited:
Can you please share your last EFI please? I've the same configuration, but I still got freeze on desktop.

Back