Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

oldkenobi said:
Update: swapping out the DVD drive seems to have solved it.. next time Ill search harder..

Im having an issue I havent seen before during the install. Im using a brand new retail 10.6.3 disk.

snowleopard_issue.jpg

Im currently using.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR3 Rev. 2.0
Intel Core i7 950
16GB Corsair DDR3 1600
EVGA Nvidia 285 GTX

I installed using the same disk and method on my Core2 duo machine without any issues so Im stumped.

I'm new here, but in all the guides they mention starting with 4GB and then adding in the rest afterwards...

I'm struggling pretty bad here. I followed the install guide about 3 months ago with multibeast 2.3.0, and it worked great on the first try.

I had to reimage, and I'm trying to follow the install guide, however, things aren't working as smoothly.

I'm pretty much following the same instructions, I updated to 10.6.4, but I'm having a number of issues.

1) After chameleon, only the desktop picture loads (without icons). I have to sleep it and wake it for icons.

2) The new audio kext isn't giving me audio. I tried to not install any audio driver with multibeast and use the legacy889 (as originally described) but to no avail.

I'd like to be able to boot and go straight to the desktop and have my sound back :(

If anyone has had any similar experiences or applicable knowledge, please, I'm all ears.

Just curious is this able to run 64 bit mode yet? I've got a successful 32bit mode install working beautiful,but I'm soon adding more ram..any guides for 64 bit?

Loki7 said:
I'm struggling pretty bad here. I followed the install guide about 3 months ago with multibeast 2.3.0, and it worked great on the first try.

I had to reimage, and I'm trying to follow the install guide, however, things aren't working as smoothly.

I'm pretty much following the same instructions, I updated to 10.6.4, but I'm having a number of issues.

1) After chameleon, only the desktop picture loads (without icons). I have to sleep it and wake it for icons.

2) The new audio kext isn't giving me audio. I tried to not install any audio driver with multibeast and use the legacy889 (as originally described) but to no avail.

I'd like to be able to boot and go straight to the desktop and have my sound back :(

If anyone has had any similar experiences or applicable knowledge, please, I'm all ears.

Hello Loki7,
Have you tried the new version of multibeast 3.0.3?

Hi,
I have finally got everything set up and running, but everyone day or other day, once or twice, i get the curtain message that forces me to restart my computer :( Is there anything i can do to fix this as it is getting really annoying :banghead:
Thank you in advance

hi to all!!! i have CustoMac pro. but i dont understand how to use a new MultiBeast 3xx. may i have a guide for new MultiBeast? thnx to all!!!

I'm afraid I need some help with the new multibeast as well. To resolve the sleep/graphic issues I'm having.

Or if anyone still has multibeast 2.3.0?

diamontus said:
hi to all!!! i have CustoMac pro. but i dont understand how to use a new MultiBeast 3xx. may i have a guide for new MultiBeast? thnx to all!!!
When you download Multibeast it comes with a guide called Mulitbeast Features.pdf.

Latest version of MultiBeast

This guide should need an update :p

Latest DSDT's are here :
dsdt
I think multibeast 3.1 have now Lnx2Mac driver
ATY_init is only 32 bits, while kabyl's chameleon is 64 bits :)

Thanks for all you've done anyway :headbang:

Hi MacMan, thanks for the detailed guide.
Should do I enable XMP in bios?
Thanks a lot
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back