Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide for 10.6.4

MacMan said:
Make sure that VoodooHDA isn't in /S/L/E, reinstall the AppleHDA Rollback in MultiBeast and rebuild caches.

Yeah I checked and nothing there. THe only HDA file in there was the Apple one.

Screen1.png
Screen2.png
Screen3.png
Screen 4.png
Screen5.png

Ive followed this method multiple times now, with no luck. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... audio.html
Thanks again. I really do appreciate your help with me and everyone else on the forums.

Hi, i need some help.

Anyone know how to enable 5.1 audio? I used the GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FB DSDT but i can't use my 5.1 audio. I followed this guide -http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4701 - to install my hakintosh.

Thank you so much.

I have the same hardware config as gyver:

X58A-UD3R-2.0-FC
XFX 5770
i7-950
8Gb RAM 1600Mhz

After 10.6.4 upgrade, and Graphics upgrade I get a nice working system without
network and high resolution graphics (unknown about audio) I went back into Multibeast to try to get network working and now it gives the please powercycle forever on boot.

Do I need to go back and start from scratch, to get a clean build, but what was I missing to get the network to work (network works by default after the initial build prior to upgrading
to 10.6.4)

What's the best approach?

Decided to reformat so I can boot without iBoot in, and it fixed all of my issues that I can find!

I was only able to get SL installed when I would use the -x command from iBoot. If I attempted it normally it would give the "curtain fall, you must restart your computer" message every time. When it was finishing the install it just restarted on its own (no "this install failed" message or anything). Then it wouldn't boot so I had to hard restart and use iBoot. From there it went straight to the setup screen (no cool Welcome video) and I was still only in safe mode?
I get this error using the -v command at the iBoot screen

Code:
NVEnabler: :probe fails
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v. 3.9.6: already have loaded v9.9.9.com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address 1c:6f:65:93:46:c4

In safe mode using iBoot I cannot get it to detect my USB flash drive with the multiBeast and Mac updates? I tried the updates to 10.6.4 on a dvd and it does not detect that either in safe mode? What am I doing wrong here?
Also for the DSDT how do I know the number after rev2.0? I do not see it anywhere? Sorry for the lengthy post, but I really am looking forward to getting this up and running! Thanks in advance for anyone that points me in the right direction.

Specs:

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R MOBO with an Intel i7 960.
12GB of GSKILL RAM (only using 4GB for install)
PNY GeForce GTS450 graphics card
64GB Crucial SSD
2TB WD HDD
Memorex DVD Recorder

EDIT: Initially I used iBoot from a DVD to get all this going. I just tried to use iBoot on a CD to boot to SL normally and it still did not work? I noticed there are some weird lines on the disc, but it installed using the -x command? I may just restore fresh and see what happens, but I don't like having to always use the -x command to do it. :banghead:

Sorry if any of this has been answered but there doesn't seem to be a way to search within a thread and 69 pages is a hefty read.

I installed via this guide minus the 5770 but unfortunately I installed onto a 2TB drive without realising the limitations of chameleon with large drives. As a workaround I moved chameleon to the EFI partition along with the /Extra folder which allows me to boot but doesn't seem to be loading any of the kexts (any possibly the DSDT) from /E/E .

Also, osx is not detecting my UAD PCIe cards I have installed (they worked fine on my last hackintosh build in 10.6.4) . Could this be because chameleon is not reading the DSDT file?

Any have any ideas, I'm stumped?

Thanks

esel2010 said:
@mac977
Do you have the RAM installed in the blue slots?
Have you installed when you install Mac only 4 GB or Ram, this is very important, otherwise your memory is not recognized?

None of that should be necessary. I have 16GB of memory installed in the correct slots (1-4) and all of it gets recognized.

I always add "maxmem=3072" to the boot options just to be on the safe side whenever I install in 32bit or run into memory issues, there is no need to remove anything.

Memory speed though is another issue, mine's set at 1333 and it only shows as 1066 in Mac OS X. Windows recognizes it correctly.

Fixed. Ran multibeast on EFI partition and rebuilt caches and everything seems to be working. Had to boot 32bit to get the UAD-1e cards to show up.

Interestingly I'm also having troubles with RAM. I have 12GB Patriot Viper II Sector 7 1600 that defaults to 1066 7-7-7-20 in bios. If I enable X.M.P profile it sets the correct values of 1600 9-9-9-24 1.65V but the system will not boot. Even setting values manually is flaky. The only way I've got it stable is the increase the BCLK to 160 and DRAM multi to 10x which give me 1600 and a modest overclock of the i7-950 to 3.68Ghz.

Regardless, OSX only shows it as 1066 still though. Does that mean it's really running at 1066 or just OSX can't detect the true speed?

Without X.M.P. my memory is set to 1066. I tried setting it to 1333 myself, but then the voltage was probably too low and the machine wouldn't boot. The X.M.P. profile fixed that so now it boots at 1333 and I haven't had any issues so far.

Maybe it is limited by the smbios you chose? e.g. MacPro5,1 runs at 1066.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lo ... acPro5%2C1

I have a similar issue on my Acer notebook. Even though my graphics card has 1GB of memory, Profiler only shows 512MB because that's what the Mac model I chose has.

I'd also like to know whether those values have any impact on the performance or if it's only a cosmetical issue.

Update: swapping out the DVD drive seems to have solved it.. next time Ill search harder..

Im having an issue I havent seen before during the install. Im using a brand new retail 10.6.3 disk.

snowleopard_issue.jpg

Im currently using.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR3 Rev. 2.0
Intel Core i7 950
6GB Corsair DDR3 1600
EVGA Nvidia 285 GTX

I installed using the same disk and method on my Core2 duo machine without any issues so Im stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back