Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 09-22

Is there a difference between the 'FB' bios and 'Fb16'? I'm running the latter.

EDIT: Yep, definitely a difference. Just flashed the BIOS and it's now showing 'FB'.

Thanks.

Hi, I wanted to know if someone install the fakesmc rev. 405 in my case temperature measurements obtained properly.
but I have only information on the cpu fan but not the other fan and can not vary the fan speed.

any help would be welcome!

Greetings .-

Just wanted to thanks to MacMan for the guide.

Had a functional system that I put together a month or so ago that was Frankensteined together with advice from many corners. As such, it was mostly functional but not completely functional--no sleep, no front audio, etc.

Finally decided to try again from scratch using this guide.

Less than two hours later and I've got a fully functional Mac Pro.

Boo-yah. :)

--
tG

are there any changes to this guide if we use the new multibeast 2.3.0?
thanks!

if i re-install using 2.3, would the sleep function work?

shooteagle said:
if i re-install using 2.3, would the sleep function work?

To get sleep working - try Lnx2Mac's ethernet driver and remove the one installed by MultiBeast. Make sure that you remove the right Kext and only that one and rebuild your permissions once you've removed it.

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

Chili said:
Chili said:
status report:
Im upgrade to FB BIOS and system fully collapse. It lightened up finally after more tests how does the mobo not like the RAM - G.Skill 3x2Gb DDR3 6144MB / 1600 KIT (6GBNQ). :eek:

I receive other RAM tomorrow - Mushkin DDR3 6144MB / 1600 KIT Blackline Frostbyte 3x2GB, 1600MHz, CL9, 1.65V

I wait for it the tomorrow evening... :think:

The Mushkin DDR3 6144MB / 1600 KIT Blackline Frostbyte 3x2GB, 1600MHz, CL9, 1.65V - FALL

Maybe tomorrow... :thumbdown:

Problem solved, the i7 930 CPU was wrong. Maybe get because of the mistake one i7 950. You recommend it?

Something odd is now happening with my CustoMac build - I'm having to restart the machine after I boot it up for the first time every time I turn on my machine. I posted this in the general tuning section but have now deleted that post as I thought it would be more relevant here.

Can anyone help?

Every time I turn the computer on from cold it won't boot into OSX, I get a KP about 2 seconds into showing the apple grey screen. If I restert my machine then it works fine again.

Please see the attached screen shots that I just took - I'm using the hardware in my signature, FB BIOS, FB DSDT (revised one from MacMac with shut down fixed), and I just booted with -v to show what's going on.

Should I take a download from system.log or another log file?

Here's the pics
IMAG0026 copy.JPG
IMAG0027 copy.JPG
IMAG0028 copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMAG0026 copy.JPG
    IMAG0026 copy.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0027 copy.JPG
    IMAG0027 copy.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0028 copy.JPG
    IMAG0028 copy.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 154

chindogu said:
I have the same problem until i make a clean install, put another graphic card (a cheap 9400 gt that i had in a PC) to startup with mutibeast and then install the kexts for the 5770. Shutdown and change the graphic card. I have to do this with Empire Efi i5, i couldn´t do it with iboot.

I'm about a month into using the machine and have a shed load of things installed already. It's only started doing this maybe 2-3 weeks ago? But I think that was around the time I started using FB BIOS with the shut down fix.

Are there any other diagnostics or anything else that I can run? Short of this I might just have my machine asleep and keep waking it when using it often.

Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide

Chili said:
Problem solved, the i7 930 CPU was wrong.

Ok. The new cpu arrived, I setup the system (what is based on the recommended bios and official CustoMacPro topic settings ), I installed it the Multibeast 2.3 whitout Realtek kext, reboot and install the RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67 driver, and this the situation:

Attachments

• energysaver.png
    energysaver.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back