Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official CustoMac Pro X58A-UD3R-2.0 Install Guide 09-22

Ah my bad...I have observed several of my friends build theirs. I remember them complaining about not seeing all their cores (they were referring to viewing them in istadt menus). I noticed mine did not show eight in system profiler and I assumed it would. :oops:

I admit this is the first computer I have ever built, and I have a successful install (with the exception of my ram) thanks to the knowledge and help found in this forum. You guys are great for doing this, and I am happy to donate to support further endeavors.
:headbang: :thumbup:

I just upgraded my gigabyte mother board to version to and bios fb, when i try to do a fresh install my screen goes black almost immeditately after putting the snow leopard disc in and typing in usual boot stuff. no clue whats going on, I also upgraded to the 5770 batmobile card.....and i am using iboot ati...

So strange, I thought this was a supported video card, I don't really understand whats causing the black screen high fan problem during installation. All bios settings are set correctly, I have my cpus in my bios set to 1 and hiperthreading off. I only have 4 gigs of ram within the machine. I did everything I did when I got a good installation using my gefore 9400, this should have worked. I used the iboot ati boot disc as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

uenleeb said:
So strange, I thought this was a supported video card, I don't really understand whats causing the black screen high fan problem during installation. All bios settings are set correctly, I have my cpus in my bios set to 1 and hiperthreading off. I only have 4 gigs of ram within the machine. I did everything I did when I got a good installation using my gefore 9400, this should have worked. I used the iboot ati boot disc as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Black screen and fans is the symptom of having Graphics Enabler=Yes in your Boot.plist with the ATI_unit kext

uenleeb said:
I just upgraded my gigabyte mother board to version to and bios fb, when i try to do a fresh install my screen goes black almost immeditately after putting the snow leopard disc in and typing in usual boot stuff. no clue whats going on, I also upgraded to the 5770 batmobile card.....and i am using iboot ati...
You are using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 and not iBoot ATI, correct?

hmmmmm i think im using iboot ati, so the one on this post is different, i will try this one :) Thanks mac man!

Ok, I am able to get to the installation screen now, but I cant get past language selection. I keep trying to click the next button, but nothnig is happening. The mouse is on, and the key board is on as well. No idea whats stopping me there.

Ok, this is amazing, I left it at the language selection screen and then like 15 minutes later the proccess continued, go figure. Im in the middle of installation as we speak :)

uenleeb said:
Ok, this is amazing, I left it at the language selection screen and then like 15 minutes later the proccess continued, go figure. Im in the middle of installation as we speak :)
Make sure you are using BIOS FB, FA is very buggy with USB issues.

Im definitely using bios fb. Installation has finished, however, after runing the update and multibeast, I reboot and now it just sticks on a blue screen. I cant get past that point. So its not loading completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back