Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I've never tried it. Any reason why you would pick MBR over GUID partition table?

Haven't touched my two machines yet been super sick for the last week since I posted.

EDIT:

Everything worked fine. Of note, on the machine WITH DSDT and HDMI, it worked without updating the driver again. HDMI Audio was still there.

I just upgraded to 10.8.3, lost sound and attempted to restore IOAudioFamily.kext from Time Machine, via instructions in this (link) thread. After a reboot, I still had no sound, so I ran Multibeast to reinstall the realtek alc892 codec audio drivers. After doing that and restarting, I am unable to successfully boot. Running in verbose provides the following feedback:

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification

Looking at this (link) thread, from bobbylammy's issue on Oct 24, I looked into disabling vt-d, but I'm guessing my CPU doesn't support it, as BIOS does not present this option.

Can anyone suggest what steps I can take to ensure a proper bootup? My specs and a (poor) camera shot of my output in verbose follows. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

System Specs:
*GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard
*Intel i3-3225 3.3 GHz
*Sandisk SDSSDX-120G-G25
*Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3

Attachments

• verbose2.jpg
    verbose2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 349
  • verbose1.jpg
    verbose1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 225

Can anyone suggest what steps I can take to ensure a proper bootup? My specs and a (poor) camera shot of my output in verbose follows. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

[/QUOTE]

Why'd you go through all that? All you had to do was reinstall the audio driver with Multibeast.

Why'd you go through all that? All you had to do was reinstall the audio driver with Multibeast.

It was after reinstalling the audio driver with Multibeast and then restarting that the bootup issue manifested itself. Obviously something went awry on my end in the process.

Will getting into recovery via my USB stick and restoring via Time Machine to yesterday get me back to 10.8.2 all good? I'm guessing not, seeing the issue is likely somewhere in the bootloader/lower level, but I guess it doesn't hurt to suggest the easiest answer.

It was after reinstalling the audio driver with Multibeast and then restarting that the bootup issue manifested itself. Obviously something went awry on my end in the process.

Will getting into recovery via my USB stick and restoring via Time Machine to yesterday get me back to 10.8.2 all good? I'm guessing not, seeing the issue is likely somewhere in the bootloader/lower level, but I guess it doesn't hurt to suggest the easiest answer.

I'm not that technical on this, but the only sure way to restore is with a backup image then reinstalling Chimera so it will boot. I always keep a recent Super Duper backup on a second drive in case I need to restore. Don't ever run an update without one.

If you have a backup on a second drive you can boot to it with Unibeast and then restore the image to your old drive, reinstall Chimera and you're done.

Why not time machine to yesterday then reinstall Chimera?

i just built my hack Mini
with
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
BitFenix Prodigy
Corsair 650 Modular
Western Digital Carver black 1tb

and i installed 10.8.2 with my unibeast drive and it installed fine and when i rebooted it didn't work i tried to use -f -s and the only one that worked was -x but no graphics acceleration or audio so i ran multibeast and did what the guide said but now when i boot -v it stops at
waiting for windows server before finishing bluetooth setup
its a fresh install please help

I have the exact same problem and get's the same message i Verbose but with a new build and a fresh install.

After the installer installs Mountain Lion 10.8.3 it reboots but the reboot doesn't get passed the apple logo and the spinning thin lines. It stayed there for about 2 hours before I gave up.

Do you have any suggestions to what I should do to make it work?

System specs:
GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard
Intel i3-3225 3.3 GHz
Kingston SSDnow V300 120GB
Bitfenix Prodigy

I just upgraded to 10.8.3, lost sound and attempted to restore IOAudioFamily.kext from Time Machine, via instructions in this (link) thread. After a reboot, I still had no sound, so I ran Multibeast to reinstall the realtek alc892 codec audio drivers. After doing that and restarting, I am unable to successfully boot. Running in verbose provides the following feedback:

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification

Looking at this (link) thread, from bobbylammy's issue on Oct 24, I looked into disabling vt-d, but I'm guessing my CPU doesn't support it, as BIOS does not present this option.

System Specs:
*GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard
*Intel i3-3225 3.3 GHz
*Sandisk SDSSDX-120G-G25
*Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3

Back