Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I have the exact same problem and get's the same message i Verbose but with a new build and a fresh install.

After the installer installs Mountain Lion 10.8.3 it reboots but the reboot doesn't get passed the apple logo and the spinning thin lines. It stayed there for about 2 hours before I gave up.

Do you have any suggestions to what I should do to make it work?

System specs:
GA-H77N-WIFI Motherboard
Intel i3-3225 3.3 GHz
Kingston SSDnow V300 120GB
Bitfenix Prodigy

Exactly the same problem.

My fix: remove all HDs exept the system HD (just unplug the SATA cables.

Start into safemode (-x), erase /Extra, run multibeast, fix permissions, chimera, reboot -f

I have the same problem except -x didn't help

I tried -s

and it fails on
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDrive - failed to locate SMC driver

I am at my wits end I Cant boot

Please help Please

I have the same problem except -x didn't help

I tried -s

and it fails on
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDrive - failed to locate SMC driver

I am at my wits end I Cant boot

Please help Please

Did you try my suggestion from above: unplugging all but the system HD?

You could do the changes (Multibeast, Chimera, etc.) from an external USB drive

I made a new Unibeast 1.7 stick and re-installed Mt Lion. Still can't boot normanlly but I finally am able to boot in safe mode. All my files seem to still be there, thats good, since I don't have a time machine backup.

How do I find the /Extra folder so I can delete it before running Multibeast 5.2.1 or do I have to?

My old version was Multibeast 5.1.3

Steve

I made a new Unibeast 1.7 stick and re-installed Mt Lion. Still can't boot normanlly but I finally am able to boot in safe mode. All my files seem to still be there, thats good, since I don't have a time machine backup.

How do I find the /Extra folder so I can delete it before running Multibeast 5.2.1 or do I have to?

My old version was Multibeast 5.1.3

Steve

you press ⇧⌘c from the desktop and click your install hard drive and it should be the second one

Thank you
So do I just run Multibeast now?

yes with the checks you need like the audio driver and network and i used the iMac 13.1 system identifier idk if thats right (if not someone correct me as to witch one to use) also the fakeSMC plugin
i just got my system running yesterday its sweet just had to ad the graphicsenabler=no for my 660 ti

yes with the checks you need like the audio driver and network and i used the iMac 13.1 system identifier idk if thats right (if not someone correct me as to witch one to use) also the fakeSMC plugin
i just got my system running yesterday its sweet just had to ad the graphicsenabler=no for my 660 ti

May i ask why you changed the sytem identifier to iMac?

And whats the advantage of fakesmc? Or rather: why can we actually leave it? As far as i understand i mimics the SMC-chip found on macs. How can the Hack Os work without this plugin being installed?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thank you Ipodman.
It works great.

Ps: How did you get the special characters to print in your reply?

Back