Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Great, will try it then. How do I recustomize all kexts?

The drive from the MBP wouldn't boot. Even tried using the Unibeast USB key I built and selecting the drive at the Chimera screen, but it never got past the apple logo with spinning wheel.

Backed everything up using Carbon Copy Cloner and wiped the drive. About to go try a clean install using Unibeast. Can't wait!

Heads up for anyone using the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Motherboard
If you're having issues where you get a spinning beachball before the OS X installer appears, try disabling VT-D in the BIOS settings. This fixed the issue for me, after I spent several hours trying many different solutions.

Now, i've just got to figure out how to get the install to quit failing halfway through....

Did anyone attempt to update to 10.8.3 on their customac mini? Any issues to report?

Did anyone attempt to update to 10.8.3 on their customac mini? Any issues to report?

Yeah it works perfectly. Just needed to get audio and trim working again.
Took about 20 mins to download and install and 2mins to fix.

H77N + i5-3750K
SSD 60gb + 2TB HDD
WIFI + Bluetooth <=> ar5b195
Seasonic MII 620Watt
Corsair H80i
Bitfenix Prodigy

All Working Perfect !!! 10.8.3

Yeah it works perfectly. Just needed to get audio and trim working again.
Took about 20 mins to download and install and 2mins to fix.

How did you get sound working again, can you post it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.47.12.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 10.47.12.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 203
I updated my setup that uses a DSDT (like post 1, except using my own DSDT). Used the combo update and had nothing else to do - hdmi audio with encoded audio output still works, manual and auto sleep still work. No apparent progress on the video (1080i is still generally displayed wrong).

Can anyone tell me if I can pull a working Mountain Lion drive from my MacBook Pro and put it in my CustoMac Pro build without needing to do anything else? Or will I need to start over completely using the UniBeast process?

I spent the last days reading through all of the posts and learned A LOT!!! Thanks guys!!!

The question quoted above remains for me:

How do i turn a non-hacki-osx installation into a hacki one?

My idea so far:

Setting up a new hard drive, formating HFS+, MBR as Partition table.

Then using the Bootloader from a prepared 10.8 installation stick to boot into the newly set up HD. Then running multibaast with every necessary option from there.

Could that work?

I would try it on my own, but my chip is still missing, all other parts have arrived ... :)

All the best

joh

Back