Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Thank you Karpovnious

Dont install fakesmc with multibeast 5.1.3 there is an update with hzzn and z77n with ATI cards
Btw there is no Amd plugin anymore in the plugins.
- Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v4.3.2

And u will get acpi_smc_platformplugin : : registerlpcdriver error.

First my info:
Core i5 3570K
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair​
1600Mhz DDR3
Using integrated gfx

Here's the verbose output of where I'm stuck:

photo.jpg

Basically, everything was running fine and then I re-ran Multibeast to enable HDMI audio using the settings specified at the beginning of the thread. Now hangs on loading OSX. Any help would be appreciated

interresting i have the ga-h77n-wifi did a few installs most with dsdt since the ones without did not show the audio in menubar. however i had problems getting sleep to work.

so i decidede to try a clean install without dsdt and see if i could get the audio to work.

so i did the install and found i just needed to add the icon since audio was working :D

also i found that the machine goes to sleep as before but when waked the screen turns back on instead of staying off.

im using a geforce 660gtx

need to test it further but so far so good

only thing lacking is the temps on the gpu now from istat pro :D

just tryed another sleep and waited 2 mins and it still came back up within seconds.

First post here ;)

After a few ATX builds I decided to switch to something smaller. H77N paired with an Intel G550, GeForce 9500GT & 8 GB of Patriot RAM, all in a Chieftec BT case (180W PSU) is more than enough for Internet browsing + Office. Initially planned to buy a SSD, but since I had 2 2.5' drives just lying around, I decided to use them instead.

Everything except autosleep works (manual sleep/reboot/shutdown). I had some problems with no signal to the monitor after waking up the Hack from sleep - apparently fixed by turning off VT in BIOS (somehow omitted it the first time). PCIRootUID=0 while installing to get the GF card to work. The only thing left to be checked is if Time Machine restores are bootable off the hard drive - a few times after restoring I got the boot 0 error (I guess my HDDs are too small/old to be the "Advanced format HDD" case).

I have the customac mini 2012 configuration - identical in every way. With PCI-e WIFI add. Using unibeast, the install goes perfectly. Upon reboot everything works except for audio and 1080p video. Ethernet, both ports working, WIFI working, bluetooth too. I run Multibeast (DST-Free), with no other additions. At reboot, things improve and get worse - 1080p arrives, but still no sound and oddly, both ethernet ports are not working - they show in network config, the just don't work.Second run of Multibeast (using the GA H77N aml) adding the ALC892 and Lnx2Mac Realtek Ethernet drivers. During the install, sound appeared. The Lnx2Mac required a sub-install. Now, rebooting results in a panic exactly like I've seen here with the vt-d issue - hangs on bluetooth. My problem is there's no option to disable this setting with my i3. Should I try again and avoid entirely the aml file?Any ideas? Thanks. I feel like I'm nearly there.

:) I have a fully functioning Mac dual booting in Mountain Lion and Windows 7 :)

I want to thank Tonymacx86 and Macman and everyone else for this website, Unibeast, Multibeast and all the testing!

It seems to compare the Mac Pro $2874 http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/configure/MD770LL/A

Again Thank You

Steve

Sorry for my english, but i'm italian, i like build the ga-h77n wifi with i3 3225. Before buy the processor i need to say is good for virtualisation with fusion or parallel or i have enough problem. Prefer the i5 or i7? Thanks everybody for information

Josh: I waited for more than 15 minutes (walked away), and it was still stuck.

I haven't tried without audio, but I will do that.

Should I still used the DSDT provided for HDMI Audio or not? I'm working on this tonight and will let you know the result.

Thanks for responding.

M

Back