Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Thanks everybody. Now I got my boot on:thumbup:

Steve

Finally got my apple branded bluetooth working on my custo mac mini z77n-wifi. Sort of...

I'm stumped, anybody know why this would and wouldn't work?

NOT WORKING: A1114 module with antenna > 3.3v to 5v converter > Internal 4 pin USB header cable > Mobo USB header

WORKING: A1114 module with antenna > 3.3v to 5v converter > External Male USB > Back Panel Female USB

Ground, voltage and D+/D- are correctly connected, modules tested working

Is there anything in BIOS that could effect the internal USB header connection? Or maybe I should be using a 9 pin internal connector instead of a 4 pin internal connector? Or maybe a bad 4 pin connecter...

Maybe set xHCI and XHCI to auto?

z77n-wifi | 10.8.2 | xHCI enabled, XHCI Enabled, Legacy USB Enabled in BIOS

Any suggestions are much appreciated

And thanks again to everyone who helps us noobs!:thumbup:

Can you use airplay from the CustoMac mini?

Yes, AirPlay should work. Just tested it a day ago on my non-Gigabyte build.

Yes. The icon appears in the normal place.

Finally got my apple branded bluetooth working on my custo mac mini z77n-wifi. Sort of...

I'm stumped, anybody know why this would and wouldn't work?

NOT WORKING: A1114 module with antenna > 3.3v to 5v converter > Internal 4 pin USB header cable > Mobo USB header

WORKING: A1114 module with antenna > 3.3v to 5v converter > External Male USB > Back Panel Female USB

Ground, voltage and D+/D- are correctly connected, modules tested working

I have the H77 and I soldered the same BT module to one arm of a 9 pin header, for now I just put a Female socket on the other arm. I have an Apple wireless keyboard and a Logitech BT mouse paired with it. It works great in the OS, works probably 50% of the time in the BIOS & Boot menu. Maybe your header cable is defective?

My CustoMac Mini Deluxe is up and running but I noticed in about my mac it reports MacPro 2008. Per the Multibeast settings in this thread I didn't touch the system definitions but in BitterMelons Chip build I noticed he changes to IMac 12,2. Should that be changed?

Also the Ram speed is reported as 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz like it should. I tried to change it in the BIOS but is was greyed out. How do I change the ram speed?

Steve

I have the H77 and I soldered the same BT module to one arm of a 9 pin header, for now I just put a Female socket on the other arm. I have an Apple wireless keyboard and a Logitech BT mouse paired with it. It works great in the OS, works probably 50% of the time in the BIOS & Boot menu. Maybe your header cable is defective?

I think that's the ticket as i've tried everything from fresh installs to every possible BIOS configuration. Still works attached to USB cable and into the female USB port on back of mobo.

I do appreciate it! I'll post if I can get it working internally

My CustoMac Mini Deluxe is up and running but I noticed in about my mac it reports MacPro 2008. Per the Multibeast settings in this thread I didn't touch the system definitions but in BitterMelons Chip build I noticed he changes to IMac 12,2. Should that be changed?

Also the Ram speed is reported as 1333mhz instead of 1600mhz like it should. I tried to change it in the BIOS but is was greyed out. How do I change the ram speed?

Steve

Steve, I did almost the exact build. To fix the ram issue, I changed my XMP to "Profile 1" in BIOS and my Performance to "Extreme"

Where can VT-d be disabled? I only see the primary option which is for VT-x and disabling that would cripple both Fusion and Parallels?

Thanks,
Josh

GA-Z77N-WIFI F2

It's usually just below VT-x. It doesn't appear if your processor does not support VT-d.

I had a good deal of trouble getting HDMI to work with the GA-Z77N-wifi. I thought i had done everything correctly with the DSDT and couldn't figure out why HDMI wasn't showing in "system preferences" and of course not working. I sent Toleda the zipped DSDT and IO Registry in one of the other forum threads and he immediately knew the problem. It is necessary to plug the HDMI cable into the BOTTOM HDMI PORT. Because it was more convenient, i had it plugged into the top port. A simple thing like this was the problem. I hope this helps someone.
Easy but that did the trick :)

Problems so far:
1.Sleep doesn't work (only if you do it manually)
2.While in sleep, the mac ;) eventually wakes up for 2 minutes goes then back to sleep again...This happens about 7 times a day.
3. Is the build in Bluetooth working for someone? It gets recognized but isn't working properly.

Back