Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Hey guys, I just made my first build.
Core Components:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI Rev. 1.0
Intel i5 3750 (not the K Version!)
8GB Corsair Vengeance black DDR3-1600

But I'm stuck after the unibeast installation. See attached screenshot.

IMG_0280.jpg

So I've got two problems:
1) The CPU is not recognized. Maybe mulitbeast will fix that issue - or not? I read something about that issue. This seems to be no problem - you only have to correctly setup the power management. Uarg,... and what is correct?
2) And the Bluetooth Controller makes some trouble. The "main" solution is to disable the vt-d option in Bios. But I've already disabled that option, because I couldn't start unibeast at all,...

update:
I just removed the PCI-e card (orig. Intel Centrino card) and now I'm stuck at the message:
Code:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

update 2:
I tried starting the system in 'verbose' and 'safe' mode and that worked. Then I used multibeast to install some drivers and extensions. The bluetooth/wifi card is still removed and I'm still stuck,...
I also played around with power management. But nothing helped.

IMG_0281.jpg

So, what can I do now?
Thx tecniq

Hi,

This is my first Hackintos, so I decided to go for a recommanded setup : his one.

I use the MiniITX setup from March 2013 with a 500Gb disk and a PCI wifi card. The motherboard is the GA-H77N-WIFI. Processor is a Corei3 with HD4000.

I use a monitor connected with a GVA connexion with a DVI/VGA adapter.

I have to say that I have been unlucky, experiencing a lot of problem, but I will try to make it short.

Update the BIOS !

First, system was hanging, and I even add a couple of kernel panics. This was with BIOS F2. I downloaded
the update binary (.exe) from Gigabyte and was able to retrieve the flash file. This through "Play on mac" that
provide a repackaged Wine.
By the way, with the integrated BIOS flash tool (qflash) you just need a FAT USB drive with binary file on it
to flash the BIOS.
At that step I did not check the BIOs setup, but did it later on, during one of my tenth of attempt.

Post-install (Multibeast)
There goes most of the trouble. It took me time to find the correct setup, and even then, it is not working correctly.
I finally used the same setup as mentioned here, but prior to execute multibeast copy the DSDT file to desktop.
Once I rebooted, except for the easily fixed boot0 error, everything seem to goes well until I reach login screen which look like here-under :
IMG_0108.jpg

Let's search the forum, I surely made a mistake
Ok, so I search alll the topics discussing about the HD4000. I try to change the values in chimera boot, I try to re-install, I try to change the BIOs setup... No idea why it would do that except maybe something wrong with the DVI to VGA adapter used to plug the VGA cable....

Help ! Does anyone understand what I did wrong ?

Hi,

Post-install (Multibeast)
There goes most of the trouble. It took me time to find the correct setup, and even then, it is not working correctly.
I finally used the same setup as mentioned here, but prior to execute multibeast copy the DSDT file to desktop.
Once I rebooted, except for the easily fixed boot0 error, everything seem to goes well until I reach login screen which look like here-under :
View attachment 54035

Let's search the forum, I surely made a mistake
Ok, so I search alll the topics discussing about the HD4000. I try to change the values in chimera boot, I try to re-install, I try to change the BIOs setup... No idea why it would do that except maybe something wrong with the DVI to VGA adapter used to plug the VGA cable....

Help ! Does anyone understand what I did wrong ?

Have you selected the Customizations/Boot Options/1080p Display in MultiBeast? If you haven't at the chimera boot screen, type -x apply this setting in MultiBeast and reboot. Fingers crossed.

This is one of the thing I tried to fix the issue, but it doesn't worked.

So I fully re-install, as from this moment on, even using -x won't fix the video, and booting single user mount the partition read-only, so no way of editing boot config file

I tried to change the settings in multibeast.
In the "Boot options" section I tick :
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCI configuration fix
PCI root id fix
Verboseboot

And miracle : If i boot with -x the display is now "kind of " working. It is not maximum resolution but at list readable. However, I still have an issue with boot that won't work without -x.
When I look at boot logs, I can see that something seem to goes wrong with the Apple USB module and with the register of some IOBluetooth module. And still no sound... No audio part detected.

This is one of the thing I tried to fix the issue, but it doesn't worked.

So I fully re-install, as from this moment on, even using -x won't fix the video, and booting single user mount the partition read-only, so no way of editing boot config file

I tried to change the settings in multibeast.
In the "Boot options" section I tick :
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCI configuration fix
PCI root id fix
Verboseboot

And miracle : If i boot with -x the display is now "kind of " working. It is not maximum resolution but at list readable. However, I still have an issue with boot that won't work without -x.
When I look at boot logs, I can see that something seem to goes wrong with the Apple USB module and with the register of some IOBluetooth module. And still no sound... No audio part detected.

Is it possible for you to try another cable like an HDMI other than the DVI-VGA adapter? As far as I'm aware VGA isn't the best option in OSX. Also did you replace the wifi card? if you haven't then disconnect it.
If it is showing in your BIOS disable Vt-d.
You also need GraphicsEnabler=Yes

No vt-d in my BIOS, that's one of the things I checked this afternoon.
I only have a VGA cable, I will try to find a DVi cable see if it is any better.
The Wifi PCI card seem to be working fine, I can surf on the internet without any issue.
I put back the GraphicsEnabler=Yes
I take a new picture of the hang I have at boot time, maybe it will help :
IMG_0109.jpg

No vt-d in my BIOS, that's one of the things I checked this afternoon.
I only have a VGA cable, I will try to find a DVi cable see if it is any better.
The Wifi PCI card seem to be working fine, I can surf on the internet without any issue.
I put back the GraphicsEnabler=Yes
I take a new picture of the hang I have at boot time, maybe it will help :
View attachment 54037

As far as I know everyone with these motherboards have either replaced or disconnected the wifi card as it isn't compatible. In post #1 there is an alternative card suggested for use, Although your card may be working it also may cause you problems. Its worth the try just to disconnect one connector and see if things change.

I might be bringing confusion... The PCI wifi card I use is the one recommanded, not the onboard one,
which I however did not deactivated. I thought it would be achieved through BIOS but didn't find the feature,
nor identify a jumper to change on the motherboard.

I might be bringing confusion... The PCI wifi card I use is the one recommanded, not the onboard one,
which I however did not deactivated. I thought it would be achieved through BIOS but didn't find the feature,
nor identify a jumper to change on the motherboard.

Ok I understand now, Are you using the Tplink wiresless adapter? or did you replace the wifi card? I just disconnected one connector on the wifi card as I use ethernet, it would't let me boot with it connected.

Back