Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Motherboard
Gigabyte h77n wifi, 8Gb ddr3, 128Gb SSD
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
AMD HD5450 1Gb qe/ci, Intel 2500
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
You can use multibeast all times u want/need...
done that several times with 1080p option also used proper dsdt file ..system information still shows me HD2500 64mb instead of HD4000..video files in safari flicker :(

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I installed a i3-3225 on a GA-H77N-WIFI board, followed the guide to the letter. Video memory is set to 64MB but when I boot into the desktop the graphics are messed up completely, I can't see anything. Tried increasing the video memory but the screen got only worse.

I am using a VGA monitor though, plugged into the DVI output (using a DVI to VGA converter), could this be the culprit? The converter and the monitor are both working fine, they work with other hardware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte h77n wifi, 8Gb ddr3, 128Gb SSD
CPU
i5 3570
Graphics
AMD HD5450 1Gb qe/ci, Intel 2500
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So finally i realised my processor i5 3570 has HD2500 not HD4000. So no QE/CI acceleration. Got to buy video card now :)

Motherboard
GA-H170N
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I installed a i3-3225 on a GA-H77N-WIFI board, followed the guide to the letter. Video memory is set to 64MB but when I boot into the desktop the graphics are messed up completely, I can't see anything. Tried increasing the video memory but the screen got only worse.

I am using a VGA monitor though, plugged into the DVI output (using a DVI to VGA converter), could this be the culprit? The converter and the monitor are both working fine, they work with other hardware.
I think a display with just VGA will not work even with that adapter, because motherboard sends digital signal (I am not 100% sure).

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I think a display with just VGA will not work even with that adapter, because motherboard sends digital signal (I am not 100% sure).
My other PC's video card has only DVI ports and I've used it with an adapter for 5 years now. It wasn't OS X though.

But this looks really awful, all I can see is a hint of a desktop with a myriad of black/gray lines all over.
Also, when I first booted into OS X and went on to install MultiBeast everything looked fine albeit had a 1024x768 resolution on a 1920x1200 screen. The only graphics related thing I installed from MultiBeast was the 1080p boot screen.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My other PC's video card has only DVI ports and I've used it with an adapter for 5 years now. It wasn't OS X though.

But this looks really awful, all I can see is a hint of a desktop with a myriad of black/gray lines all over.
Also, when I first booted into OS X and went on to install MultiBeast everything looked fine albeit had a 1024x768 resolution on a 1920x1200 screen. The only graphics related thing I installed from MultiBeast was the 1080p boot screen.

My god, it was the DVI-VGA adapter. I bought a DVI-HDMI cable and everything worked fine. Thanks @jmpa.

Motherboard
Dell
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Unk.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Toleda - Thanks for getting me back on track. Multibeast settings in Post #1 worked flawlessly. Video works. Audio works. Heck of a deal !

Originally I had been removing the IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext file from the /System/Library/Extensions directory, at the suggestion of another blog, and re-running Multibeast. While this did stop the Installation Failures I was getting when running Multibeast, it caused other problems (such as web site video freeze, etc). This time I left the IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext file intact, and ran Multibeast with the settings in Post #1 . Worked like a champ.

TV :D