Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I can't get anything but a garbled screen no matter what I set in the plist file.
And when you get this garbled screen, if you unplug and then re-plug the HDMI cable does it sort itself out?

And when you get this garbled screen, if you unplug and then re-plug the HDMI cable does it sort itself out?

No. Only a DVI to HDMI adapter works anymore, and only at 1366x768. Even a reboot, nothing works except the adapter. I just did an identical setup on my buddies machine and 1080p works on his.

EDIT- Finally figured out why. The OVERSCAN Slider needs to be further to the right. Moving it to the left causes some weird timing that my TV cannot display. I hooked up the HDMI--->DVI adapter and played with the slider until I got it working in HDMI. Now HDMI audio works as well, just trying to figure out how to do Dolby Digital.

Followed guide perfectly with exact build, did install with DSDT.aml to get HDMI audio. Installed 10.8.2.

Got everything to work beautifully, but the thing wouldn't sleep -- the video would stop, but the system would be still running and would not wake up.

From reading the thread, many have had this problem -- some have said to roll their own DSDT's and other such ideas.

For me, I just downloaded the latest copy of SleepEnabler.kext and used KextBeast to install it.

Voila! Perfect sleep-wake. Hope this helps someone ;) Thanks for all the great support fellas.. lovin my new machine.

Followed guide perfectly with exact build, did install with DSDT.aml to get HDMI audio. Installed 10.8.2.

Got everything to work beautifully, but the thing wouldn't sleep -- the video would stop, but the system would be still running and would not wake up.

From reading the thread, many have had this problem -- some have said to roll their own DSDT's and other such ideas.

For me, I just downloaded the latest copy of SleepEnabler.kext and used KextBeast to install it.

Voila! Perfect sleep-wake. Hope this helps someone ;) Thanks for all the great support fellas.. lovin my new machine.

So which motherboard, Z77 or H77, and where did you get the Sleepenabler?

So which motherboard, Z77 or H77, and where did you get the Sleepenabler?

GA-H77-WIFI. Rest of hardware: Seagate 3TB SATA3, Samsung 840 SSD, HD4000 graphics, Apex MI-008 case, LG Blu-ray Drive, Corsair Vengence 8gb, i3-3225 CPU.

I got sleepenabler.kext directly from here: --> http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/

As of XNU 1228.15.4 (9.8.0), there is a modification in the kernel that prevents the computer from going to sleep without a registered power-management extension. However, the extension used on Apple computers to handle this (AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext) can not be used on generic computers running a Darwin-based OS. This extension aims to provide a placeholder implementation to re-enable sleep with the latest version of the XNU kernel.Currently updated to support up to Darwin 12.0.0 / Mac OS X 10.8 GM As well as Darwin 11.x/10.7.x

Would be curious if this fix helps others.

My prior hackintosh was a EP45-UD3P and that one had a similar behaviour where I couldn't get ML to sleep -- it was promptly remediated with appropriately named SleepEnabler.kext.

Doesn't SleepEnabler need to be deleted each os update?

I suppose maybe; certainly has a track record of needing to be updated between major point releases.

So yes, it will have to be something that's kept an eye on.

This may be a known issue, but on every one I've built so far, at boot up, it takes almost a minute for the OS to see the Magic Trackpad and Apple BT Keyboard. It just sits there then eventually says connected.

I installed a i3-3225 on a GA-H77N-WIFI board, followed the guide to the letter. Video memory is set to 64MB but when I boot into the desktop the graphics are messed up completely, I can't see anything. Tried increasing the video memory but the screen got only worse.

I am using a VGA monitor though, plugged into the DVI output (using a DVI to VGA converter), could this be the culprit? The converter and the monitor are both working fine, they work with other hardware.

For Garbled Text with HD4000

Try adding this string to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist (in "Extra" folder)
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

It worked for me with the same board and processor.

This may be a known issue, but on every one I've built so far, at boot up, it takes almost a minute for the OS to see the Magic Trackpad and Apple BT Keyboard. It just sits there then eventually says connected.

My mini setup recognizes the BT Keyboard Mouse, Trackpad and Keyboard immediately. However I made my own genuine Apple BT setup from a Macbook Pro BT card and used the antenna from the GA-H77N WiFi logic board.

Back