Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people. .
Usb or any external drive I connect do show in the desktop, is this a normal default Lion behavior..??

I have to go to computer in order to look for my inserted usb flash...

where could I change this behavior?

thanks

Re: Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Help/Discussion Thread

toleda said:
mbalsamo said:
still having problems getting audio to work, H61N-USB3, downloaded DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8.aml
but can't get the audio to work, am I supposed to delete all audio kexts from S/l/e? do I have to do a full install???
No and No. Yes, only if you tried a bunch of MultiBeast audio options that did not work.

1. DSDT
Download dsdt: H61N-USB3-B3-HDMI-F8 (Audio ID: 389) and place on Desktop
MultiBeast/Select UserDSDT
2. AppleHDA.kext
MultiBeast/Select Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889.
3. MultiBeast/System Definition: MacMini5,1
4. MultiBeast/Bootloader: Chimera 1.7 or newer
5. MultBeast/Install
6. Restart

ok I reinstalled everything and did this but still getting audio big pops...

What would be my issue now??
any help appreciated

What's a good bluetooth USB doggle that will work good for this mini 2011 build. I want to buy one for mine!

Thanks guys

@viewfair I tried both a Belkin and Targus model that I had found within these forums. Both worked but had a few issues. Definitely, not as reliable and smooth as "real" Mac. I would get random disconnects. I had to reboot at times to get things to connect again.

I wasn't constant, but it happened enough that I finally found a person on eBay that makes Bluetooth modules out of supposedly "original" Apple parts. It was like $50, however it has worked flawlessly, and I have never had an issue even one time since I installed it.

viewfair said:
What's a good bluetooth USB doggle that will work good for this mini 2011 build. I want to buy one for mine!

Thanks guys
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/building-sandy-bridge-customac-customac.html

scroll down a bit and the recommended bt adapter is there

i have flashed to f9 and have the dsdt installed, i can only boot with GE=no what could be wrong?

Hey has anyone tried the hack mini with one of those Korean 27inch monitors? (catleap, crossover). Just curious if using the the intel hd 3000 on a gigabyte h67 board would work to do 2560x1440. Thanks

tylermmoore said:
Hey has anyone tried the hack mini with one of those Korean 27inch monitors? (catleap, crossover). Just curious if using the the intel hd 3000 on a gigabyte h67 board would work to do 2560x1440. Thanks
The h67n mobo has 1920x1200 max resolution via hdmi.
For this resolution with hd3000 you need a mobo with displayport.

thanks, so I would have to purchase a video car with display port in order to get it to work.

amoretam said:
hi people. .
Usb or any external drive I connect do show in the desktop, is this a normal default Lion behavior..??

I have to go to computer in order to look for my inserted usb flash...

where could I change this behavior?

thanks

Sorry that question was totally unnecessary ..

But please if anyone know why I am having audio big pops and poor graphics with strange lines and stuff i would appreciate it..

Also I don't seem to find the native resolution of my 23" Acer monitor which is 1920X1080, HD 3000 does not support this?

My built is GA H61N usb3
i3 sandy bridge
seagate barrracuda 50gb with 8gb corsair ram..

I have tried Bios f6, f7 and f8.. with this last one I applied DSDT.aml audio ID 389 (toleda's edit) and recommend multibeast settings in first post of this thread..

This renders my system unusable as I use graphics and audio..

Someone said that if I change my system from Imac profile to Macpro it will probably fix an audio sleep feature which causes pop...
but I don't use Imac profile, my profile is Mini mac...

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back